Settings for Freepbx / Trixbox ??

Old February 2nd 07, 08:46 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian A

Default Settings for Freepbx / Trixbox ??

FreePBX / Trixbox
I am starting off by trying to get voip.co.uk working, then I want to
go onto voiptalk.
I am using a softphone (x-lite) as my test extension as I currently
only have one ATA and that is in service.
I have suceeded in getting outgoing calls to work. However I am having
no luck at all with incoming calls.
I Googled and found some settings but still no luck.

I have set the' Inbound Route' to accept any DID and the 'Core' to
route directly to my extension (softphone).

The trunk has INCOMING settings:-

User Context 123456

Under 'User Details' :-

authuser=123456
canreinvite=no
context=from-pstn
fromdomain=proxy.voip.co.uk
fromuser=123456
host=proxy.voip.co.uk
insecure=very
secret==xxxxxxxx
type=peer
username=123456

Where 123456 represents my userID and xxxxxxxx my password.

Register String
/123456

( I have also tried @proxy.voip.co.uk as suggested on one of
voip.co.uk technical pages.)

Any ideas about what I am doing wrong or need to add?

Further, do I need to do anything in regard to my dynamic IP?

Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
Old February 3rd 07, 08:51 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

Brian A explained :
[...]

This is my *Outgoing* config:

authuser=123456
canreinvite=no
context=from-pstn
fromdomain=proxy.voip.co.uk
fromuser=123456
host=proxy.voip.co.uk
insecure=very
secret=abcd1efg
type=peer
username=123456

Note: *Inbound* section of trunk is *BLANK*, as is the User Context
box.

Register string:
/123456

Then, in FreePBX, you need to create an inbound route or DID, where
123456 is the DID, not your PSTN number.

Also, do you have this voip.co.uk account registering on another
device, or at Voxalot? If so, I would log in to voip.co.uk's control
panel & create a 2nd SIP account for your Trixbox. Then point this new
SIP account to the same incoming target - your PSTN number.

For some problems, editing sip.conf can help:

Near the bottom, but above any #includes, add -
callerid = Unknown
externip = your.dyndns.domain; or WAN IP
localnet=192.168.1.0/255.255.255.0; where 192.168.1 is 1st 3 octets of
your network
nat=yes

Old February 3rd 07, 10:17 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian A

On Sat, 03 Feb 2007 08:51:27 GMT, Jono
wrote:

[...]

Thanks, Jono, for all that - I thought you might come up with some
answers. I'll give all that a try. :-)

Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
Old February 3rd 07, 02:16 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian A

[...]

I have now set up a gateway from my ATA just in case there was a
problem with the softphone.
I can now do incoming calls. I thought the outgoing was working
successfully but it isn't :-(
It is a strange fault.

The same fault exists whether I dial out via voip.co.uk or via
sipbroker.
I can connect to some SIP numbers such as the sipphone conference
number etc. but with other providers, I get one of 2 responses.
1. The call is answered but I only get 0.5 seconds of audio then the
audio cuts off but the call remains established.
2. I get a message to say the lines are busy. This so if I try calling
the clock on voiptalk via sipbroker. - it applies to others too.

If I call via voip.co.uk, to an 0800 number, I connect but get
condition 1.

I have used exactly the same settings as you gave for the outgoing
trunk settings. I have also set up a dynamic IP account with dyndns
and entered the details in my router, and the sip.conf file as you
suggested.

Any more ideas?
Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
Old February 3rd 07, 02:51 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

Brian A brought next idea :

[...]

Hmm.

Have you got voip.co.uk working sucessfully on any device?

Have you set up an outboud route? If so, what have you got set?

Does a Sipgate trunk give the same condition? - tested with an 0800
number of course.

Can you post your entire sip.conf file and sip_additional.conf files -
beware not to include actual passwords & usernames - I suggest you copy
& paste to a notepad document before pasting into your newsreader

Old February 3rd 07, 03:12 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian A

On Sat, 03 Feb 2007 14:51:55 GMT, Jono
wrote:

Thanks for your reply. I have worked out what is going wrong.
I had already got router settings in place, for port forwarding, for
my ATA. I put the trixbox in DMZ while I was setting it all up. There
would be conflict I think with using both options. I disabled DMZ,
changed the port forwards to my trixbox and most outgoing calls are
now working perfectly. I probably just need to do a bit more tweaking
of the port forwarding to get it all to work.
Thanks for your time in replying. The settings you posted, and changes
to the sip.conf file, were most useful.

Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.