Please Don't Laugh!

Old February 3rd 07, 09:23 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
NoNeedToKnow

Default Please Don't Laugh!

On 2 Feb 2007, G a z . wrote:

Has anybody in this group switched (migrated) from Tiscali to Sky
Broadband and if so how did the switch go?

I would be grateful if you could say if you handled switch or did you
let Sky do the business by that I mean did you let Sky take care of
the migration process ...

For a long time, migration from Tiscali seems to have been difficult if
not impossible, because they have generally refused to provide a MAC.
Tiscali was one of the few ISPs that was named by Metronet as 'giving
problems', on the Metronet web site a couple of years ago.

In a fortnight it should become possible to 'demand' a MAC with Ofcom
to answer to, if the ISP cannot or will not... So the odds of seeing
a post from someone who has already done so is low, or very low, at
the present time. Check with http://groups.google.com/ for any
'migrating from Tiscali' posts, and see if you find anything to
answer your current query. Good luck.

--
E-petition the PM to: hold a public referendum on the introduction
of the National Identity Register and associated Identity Cards.

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/IDreferendum/