BT Home Hub Encrypton?

Old February 3rd 07, 11:21 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Steve Fischer

Default BT Home Hub Encrypton?

Just trying to help a friend over the phone with a BT home Hub and WiFi.

Does BT Home Hub come encrypted for WiFi, out the box? If so, does it use
WEP or PSK?

128bit??

Can anyone help, as I have never seen one before.

Presumable BT supply the key in the paperwork??

Thanks

Old February 3rd 07, 01:15 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Grant

Steve Fischer wrote:
Just trying to help a friend over the phone with a BT home Hub and
WiFi.

Does BT Home Hub come encrypted for WiFi, out the box? If so, does
it use WEP or PSK?

WEP.

128bit??

From memory, 64.

Presumable BT supply the key in the paperwork??

Also on a sitcker on the back of the hub. There's also a Fusion SSID and key
so make sure your friend uses the right one.

Old February 3rd 07, 05:56 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Steve Fischer

"Grant" wrote in message
Steve Fischer wrote:

Also on a sitcker on the back of the hub. There's also a Fusion SSID and

key
so make sure your friend uses the right one.

What is a Fusion SSID?

Never heard the term before.

Old February 3rd 07, 07:53 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Grant

Steve Fischer wrote:

What is a Fusion SSID?

Never heard the term before.

http://www.btfusionorder.bt.com/

Use your BT Hub as an access point for your wifi enabled mobile phone.

Old February 4th 07, 10:06 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ian Soaft

The Hub comes pre configured using 64k Wep. The Key is on the back of the
router.

Should be no problem setting this up, had mine working in less than 5 mins.