TalkTalk broadband go live date

Old February 3rd 07, 12:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Stockyard

Default TalkTalk broadband go live date

Am setting up TalkTalk broadband for my mother-in-law. I'm 125 miles
away so I can't just pop in and answer this question for myself.

Anyone know from their own experience whether broadband is actually
switched on earlier than the date given in the letter.

Her letter with user name and login password has arrived with a go
live date of 15 February 2007. Checking status of order on line says
that her broadband connection is ready now (03 February 2007).
Customer services have 15 February date on their screen but cannot
tell me if their info is accurate and not surprisingly suggest that I
rely on date in letter.

Old February 3rd 07, 06:13 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Norman

"Stockyard" wrote in message
oups.com...
Am setting up TalkTalk broadband for my mother-in-law. I'm 125 miles
away so I can't just pop in and answer this question for myself.

Anyone know from their own experience whether broadband is actually
switched on earlier than the date given in the letter.

Her letter with user name and login password has arrived with a go
live date of 15 February 2007. Checking status of order on line says
that her broadband connection is ready now (03 February 2007).
Customer services have 15 February date on their screen but cannot
tell me if their info is accurate and not surprisingly suggest that I
rely on date in letter.

When I joined them a few years ago it was live 3 days before the date they
gave me. It may have been even earlier as I hadn't thought of checking it.
No harm in getting your mother in law to give it a try every day just in
case. Asssuming this is a new connection and not a migration of course.

Norman

Old February 4th 07, 09:22 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Stockyard

On Feb 3, 6:13 pm, "Norman" wrote:

When I joined them a few years ago it was live 3 days before the date they
gave me. It may have been even earlier as I hadn't thought of checking it.
No harm in getting your mother in law to give it a try every day just in
case. Asssuming this is a new connection and not a migration of course.

Norman

Thanks, Norman. Only snag with that idea is that she hasn't got the
PC and modem (I have them and will visit once the connection is
live). Hence the question. I suspect the switch has been flipped but
I am not going to risk a 250 mile round journey based on a hunch.