Orange refusing to upgrade to 8Mb and enable VOIP

Old February 3rd 07, 04:51 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ian McMillan

Default Orange refusing to upgrade to 8Mb and enable VOIP

Has anyone had similar problems?

I signed up to Orange Unlimited in December, they said that despite being
provisioned at 2Mb they would then be able to upgrade the speed of the line.

Over a month later, they are now telling me that 2Mb is the fastest they can
operate my line that (this is absolute tosh and the livebox's own stats
prove this) and they say that due to problems with the VOIP service they
can't look in to individual cases (my VOIP is disabled with no number
assigned).

I then asked them to cancel the account (would rather go to another provider
who can primarily provide faster ADSL), but they are refusing to stick and
just quoting the 12 month contract line.

Does anyone know if there is any way to progress this stalemate?

Thanks,
Ian

Old February 3rd 07, 07:18 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
critcher

"Ian McMillan" wrote in message
[...]

critcher said.................cancel bank payments and sue them for your
expenses

and lack of contract fulfilment.

Old February 3rd 07, 07:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Keith Willcocks

"Ian McMillan" wrote in message
Has anyone had similar problems?

I signed up to Orange Unlimited in December, they said that despite being
provisioned at 2Mb they would then be able to upgrade the speed of the
line.

Over a month later, they are now telling me that 2Mb is the fastest they
can operate my line that (this is absolute tosh and the livebox's own
stats prove this) and they say that due to problems with the VOIP service
they can't look in to individual cases (my VOIP is disabled with no number
assigned).

I then asked them to cancel the account (would rather go to another
provider who can primarily provide faster ADSL), but they are refusing to
stick and just quoting the 12 month contract line.

Does anyone know if there is any way to progress this stalemate?

Put your complaints in writing (use recorded delivery) and if they still
won't play ball try OfCOM.
--
Keith Willcocks

Old February 3rd 07, 08:32 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
TKD

[...]

If you are at deadlock with them, you can apply for dispute resolution he
http://www.arbitrators.org/cisas/index.asp

Old February 3rd 07, 09:19 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Eeyore

Ian McMillan wrote:

Has anyone had similar problems?

I signed up to Orange Unlimited in December, they said that despite being
provisioned at 2Mb they would then be able to upgrade the speed of the line.

Over a month later, they are now telling me that 2Mb is the fastest they can
operate my line that (this is absolute tosh and the livebox's own stats
prove this) and they say that due to problems with the VOIP service they
can't look in to individual cases (my VOIP is disabled with no number
assigned).

I then asked them to cancel the account (would rather go to another provider
who can primarily provide faster ADSL), but they are refusing to stick and
just quoting the 12 month contract line.

Does anyone know if there is any way to progress this stalemate?

What does your contract with them say ?

Graham

Old February 3rd 07, 09:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ian McMillan

Eeyore wrote:
Ian McMillan wrote:

Has anyone had similar problems?

I signed up to Orange Unlimited in December, they said that despite
being provisioned at 2Mb they would then be able to upgrade the
speed of the line.

Over a month later, they are now telling me that 2Mb is the fastest
they can operate my line that (this is absolute tosh and the
livebox's own stats prove this) and they say that due to problems
with the VOIP service they can't look in to individual cases (my
VOIP is disabled with no number assigned).

I then asked them to cancel the account (would rather go to another
provider who can primarily provide faster ADSL), but they are
refusing to stick and just quoting the 12 month contract line.

Does anyone know if there is any way to progress this stalemate?

What does your contract with them say ?

http://www.orange.co.uk/terms/5506.h...usebroadban d -
mainly section 4.

I know (and pretty much already knew) I wouldn't have a leg to stand on as
far as the speed goes, but the lack of VOIP is a lack of a paid for service.
Section 7 is their get out clause though.

Ian

Old February 3rd 07, 09:38 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ian McMillan

tkd wrote:
[...]

Thanks, this looks good!

Ian

Old February 4th 07, 08:09 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Eeyore

Ian McMillan wrote:

Eeyore wrote:
Ian McMillan wrote:

[...]

Their advertising also forms a part of the contract.
http://www.orange.co.uk/time/broadba...0h4onlineoffer

" *Broadband Unlimited gives you a maximum broadband speed of 8 meg, but this can vary dependent on the distance to your local telephone
exchange. We will give you an accurate estimate of the broadband speed that we can provide during the order process. "

It say nothing about restricting it to 2 meg at the exchange. That's the cheaper starter package.

I don't see that much about VOIP at all. Have you got the 'Livebox' ? It's implied if you have, then you should have VOIP.
http://www.orange.co.uk/time/livebox/talk.htm

If you're paying 19.99 and not getting MaxDSL and VOIP, they're breaking their own terms.

Graham

Old February 4th 07, 09:35 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ian McMillan

Eeyore wrote:
Ian McMillan wrote:

[...]

I think someone from Orange is reading this, mysteriously my VOIP has been
activated overnight - in the early hours of a Sunday morning, 6 weeks after
registering!

The 2Mb was the stated connection speed on signup - I phoned and asked, and
they said they'd upgrade it once the service was live. I suppose that
aspect is worth the paper its written on...

Cheers,
Ian

Old February 4th 07, 10:39 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Eeyore

Ian McMillan wrote:

Eeyore wrote:
Ian McMillan wrote:

[...]

They advertise MaxDSL for the unlimited service so I reckon you should hassle them some more.

Does the broadband otherwise work ok ?

Graham