Please Don't Laugh!

Old February 3rd 07, 06:03 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Joker7

Default Please Don't Laugh!

In news: ,
G a z . said:
OK then, being a regular *lurker* (reader) of this group, I am
considering switching from:

Tiscali (hence the don't laugh) to Sky Broadband Max.

I am well aware of the pitfalls of Tiscali, but to be honest they
have have served me quite well since I left NTL about 18 months ago
(only had ntl broadband anyway).

I am also aware of some of the problems with Sky that others have
posted about in this group and I am aware of the fact that Sky force
(;-) ) you to use a Sky branded router, but my question is quite a
simple one.

Has anybody in this group switched (migrated) from Tiscali to Sky
Broadband and if so how did the switch go?

I would be grateful if you could say if you handled switch or did you
let Sky do the business by that I mean did you let Sky take care of
the migration process (BTW: I do not mean installation of they
router?

Best Wishes to all,

Gaz.

I was one of the firat to get a MAC from Tiscali about 2 years ago now.Once
you have the Mac code all should go with out any problems.I have not used
Sky but like most things in life you get what you pay for.

Chris

--
Cheap As Chips Broadband
http://yeah.kick-butt.co.uk