ADSL Max - Datastream or IPStream?

Old February 4th 07, 09:22 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
JLB

Default ADSL Max - Datastream or IPStream?

Can anyone can answer the following questions for me please:

1. Can ADSL Max services be either datastream or IPStream?

2. Do both systems manage bras adjustments the same way as each other?

TIA

Old February 5th 07, 12:05 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Paul Cupis

JLB wrote:
Can anyone can answer the following questions for me please:

1. Can ADSL Max services be either datastream or IPStream?

2. Do both systems manage bras adjustments the same way as each other?

http://www.btwholesale.com/broadband, click on Datastream or IPStream.

The answer to (1) appears to be yes, I couldn't be bother to check to
see if (2) was, but you should be able to find out starting from the
link above.
Old February 5th 07, 09:34 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ashley

JLB wrote:

Can anyone can answer the following questions for me please:

1. Can ADSL Max services be either datastream or IPStream?

Yes, BT provide both IPStream Max and Datastream Max.

2. Do both systems manage bras adjustments the same way as each
other?

AFAIK The customer line and the DSLAM config remain the same. The
difference is how and when the data exits BT equipment and goes to the ISP.