orange dialup and talktalk

Old February 4th 07, 04:22 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
NoNeedToKnow

Default orange dialup and talktalk

On 04 Feb 2007, Walt [email protected] wrote:

my daughter has a pay as you go dialup with orange

One of the things some ISPs did in the past was to check that the
caller had sent their number (CLI) so they are not anonymous. If
the caller was anonymous, some things (like sending mail) could be
disabled. Does she have a permanent "withheld" status on her line?
Can she use webmail to send, or is it only when trying to use the
SMTP facility on Orange (sorry, was Freeserve when I last used
them, and they used to capture port 25 traffic, so I switched
to use Fastmail.fm which allows access on any port, so got onto
their SMTP servers bypassing any block by Freeserve)...