orange dialup and talktalk

Old February 4th 07, 04:24 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Robin Banks

Default orange dialup and talktalk

"Walt" [email protected] wrote in message
my daughter has a pay as you go dialup with orange
she also subscribes to talktalk, (the cheap call charges not
broadband)

She can recieve emails but not send them I have checked all the
settings and and tried outlook express also forte agent I have checked
orange website and found no info there regarding this problem.

I setup an orange dialup account on my laptop and it works ok, I tried
the laptop at her house and it was no go which makes me think talktalk
is the problem any info on this would be welcome

Walt

Sending of email requires Call Line Identity, ie, she needs to allow her
number to be passed to orange on connection of the dial up. If for any
reason that doesn't happen, then email will not be allowed to be sent. Im
not sure how to cure the issue, seeing as she is dialling out using TalkTalk
for cheaper calls, but it is most ceratinly the reason she is being refused
access to send email.

Old February 4th 07, 04:27 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
NoNeedToKnow

On 4 Feb 2007, "Robin Banks" wrote:

I'm not sure how to cure the issue

prefix 1470 (release CLI code) in the dialling string should cure it...

--
www.netdimes.org - mapping the internet.
Join team UK-24x7 (position 150) Let's beat "United States" :-