Orange Livebox Question

Old February 4th 07, 05:23 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Default Orange Livebox Question

Hi,I have just got orange broadband,im using my own router and have
given the livebox to my sister who is on tiscali can someone tell me
if its possible to configure the livebox to work with another internet
provider?

Old February 4th 07, 05:28 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Motion

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi,I have just got orange broadband,im using my own router and have
given the livebox to my sister who is on tiscali can someone tell me
if its possible to configure the livebox to work with another internet
provider?

i doubt it

Old February 4th 07, 07:55 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Roderick Stewart

On 4 Feb 2007 09:23:56 -0800, "
wrote:

Hi,I have just got orange broadband,im using my own router and have
given the livebox to my sister who is on tiscali can someone tell me
if its possible to configure the livebox to work with another internet
provider?

Probably not, but try it and see. They lock their mobile phones to
their own service so I wouldn't be surprised if they can do this for
routers as well. But why would you want to do this if you are using
the Orange service? Why not use the Livebox for your own connection
and give your sister the router you're currently using instead?

Rod.
Old February 4th 07, 09:39 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

On 4 Feb, 19:55, Roderick Stewart
wrote:
On 4 Feb 2007 09:23:56 -0800, "

wrote:
Hi,I have just got orange broadband,im using my own router and have
given the livebox to my sister who is on tiscali can someone tell me
if its possible to configure the livebox to work with another internet
provider?

Probably not, but try it and see. They lock their mobile phones to
their own service so I wouldn't be surprised if they can do this for
routers as well. But why would you want to do this if you are using
the Orange service? Why not use the Livebox for your own connection
and give your sister the router you're currently using instead?

Rod.

because my router has 4 ethernet connections and livebox has 2

Old February 5th 07, 12:18 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Roderick Stewart

On 4 Feb 2007 13:39:52 -0800, "
wrote:

Why not use the Livebox for your own connection
and give your sister the router you're currently using instead?

Rod.

because my router has 4 ethernet connections and livebox has 2

Fairy nuff. You won't have the internet phone service with somebody
else's router though, and the Livebox won't get its updates from
somebody else's service. All it would take would be an ethernet hub.

Rod.