Help with SPA3102

Old February 4th 07, 06:01 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Charles

Default Help with SPA3102

I just got my SPA3102 ATA delivered but unable to connect to the web
interface to connect. I have connected it to one of the ports on my Netgear
router and although I can ping it I cannot access the web interface to
configure?

Secondly I notice that the Power light kees flashing constantly when one end
of the network cable is inserted into the Ethernet Port and the other into
one of the router ports? The power led only works when an ethernet cable is
connected into the Internet port. What am I doing wrong or is the ATA
faulty?

Old February 4th 07, 09:56 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

Charles wrote on 04/02/2007 :
I just got my SPA3102 ATA delivered but unable to connect to the web
interface to connect. I have connected it to one of the ports on my Netgear
router and although I can ping it I cannot access the web interface to
configure?

Secondly I notice that the Power light kees flashing constantly when one end
of the network cable is inserted into the Ethernet Port and the other into
one of the router ports? The power led only works when an ethernet cable is
connected into the Internet port. What am I doing wrong or is the ATA faulty?

Try connecting a PC directly to the LAN port of the SPA3102 - it does
have an integral router, after all. Disable the router part & give the
SPA a static IP address which matches your regular router's network....

Old February 5th 07, 12:46 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Tim

Charles wrote:
I just got my SPA3102 ATA delivered but unable to connect to the web
interface to connect. I have connected it to one of the ports on my Netgear
router and although I can ping it I cannot access the web interface to
configure?

By default, you will not be able to access the webinterface from the WAN
(internet) side of the device.

Tim
Old February 5th 07, 08:25 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian A

On Sun, 04 Feb 2007 21:56:50 GMT, Jono
wrote:

Charles wrote on 04/02/2007 :
I just got my SPA3102 ATA delivered but unable to connect to the web
interface to connect. I have connected it to one of the ports on my Netgear
router and although I can ping it I cannot access the web interface to
configure?

Secondly I notice that the Power light kees flashing constantly when one end
of the network cable is inserted into the Ethernet Port and the other into
one of the router ports? The power led only works when an ethernet cable is
connected into the Internet port. What am I doing wrong or is the ATA faulty?

Try connecting a PC directly to the LAN port of the SPA3102 - it does
have an integral router, after all. Disable the router part & give the
SPA a static IP address which matches your regular router's network....

To expand on that... I am looking at this as though the SPA-3102 set
up tabs are similar to the SPA-3000. On the System tab make the
'Gateway' and the 'Primary DNS' equal to the IP of your router. Set
DHCP to 'no'. Assign an IP of your choice, which falls into the
allowed IP range programmed into your router, to the Static IP for
your ATA. For example: You might have a router with an IP of
192.168.1.1 so set the Gateway and Primary DNS to that and use, say,
192.168.1.5 as the 'Static IP' for your SPA-3102.
Once that is done you would then call up 192.168.1.5 in your browser.

Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
Old February 5th 07, 08:33 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

Brian A has brought this to us :
wrote:

Charles wrote on 04/02/2007 :
[...]

Once logged in, it's likely to be similar to the SPA2100 - the basic
interface will yield two fields, "Voice" & "Router"

Old February 6th 07, 02:48 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Charles

Thanks for all the good suggestion. I forgot to mention that my PC's are
connected to a Netgear WPN824 router and would like to connect the the
SPA3102 directly to one of the ports as my PC's are networked.

wrote in message
. ..

Old February 6th 07, 07:32 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

Charles submitted this idea :

wrote in message
. ..
Charles wrote on 04/02/2007 :
[...]

That's not a problem, once you have configured it correctly. Indeed, I
have an SPA2100 connected in the same way as you intend.