Old December 29th 16, 02:13 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.tech.digital-tv
Mark Carver

Default For dedicated fans of broadband speed checkers ...

On 29/12/2016 13:10, Andy Burns wrote:
Adrian Caspersz wrote:

http://www.broadbandperformance.co.uk/

It doesn't need flash, which is a good start. The actual line rate
reported by my modem is 77.4 Mbps / 19.9 Mbps

Considering my ISP sets an IP profile at 96.mumble% of line rate, I
don't know whether the tester measures IP rate, or TCP rate, and I did
the test over WiFi rather than Ethernet, the result is not a million
miles off ...

Download 66.7 Mbps
Upload 18.6 Mbps
Latency 19.3 ms

I find testing on any speed-checker via WiFi removes about 10% off the
speeds (compared with a wired connection) Even when right next to the
router. Encryption overheads ?

--
Mark