SIP/SIMPLE - XMPP/Jingle : Wildfire + Asterisk + SER

Old February 4th 07, 06:35 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
kael

Default SIP/SIMPLE - XMPP/Jingle : Wildfire + Asterisk + SER

Hello,

I would like to set up the following VoIP architecture with a full
SIP-to-XMPP gateway (chat, presence, audio and video) :

1. XMPP server ;
2. SIP server with my own domain ;
3. SIP mapping with a SIP-to-PSTN number.

The purpose is to have a transparent gateway so that when I'm connected
with SIP I can chat, calls, etc, XMPP contacts and inversely when I'm
connected with XMPP.

For the (1), there's Wildfire and the Asterisk-IM pluggin
http://www.jivesoftware.org/asterisk-im but I'm wondering if it allows a
SIP URI to call a JID.

For the (3), there's Asterisk, but I'm not sure that for the (2)
Asterisk can be turned into a SIP server with a domain name.

So, apparently, SER or OpenSER would be required.

Has anybody set a similar architecture ?

Thanks.

--
kael
Old February 4th 07, 07:08 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jonathan Roberts

kael wrote:
Hello,

I would like to set up the following VoIP architecture with a full
SIP-to-XMPP gateway (chat, presence, audio and video) :

1. XMPP server ;
2. SIP server with my own domain ;
3. SIP mapping with a SIP-to-PSTN number.

The purpose is to have a transparent gateway so that when I'm connected
with SIP I can chat, calls, etc, XMPP contacts and inversely when I'm
connected with XMPP.

For the (1), there's Wildfire and the Asterisk-IM pluggin
http://www.jivesoftware.org/asterisk-im but I'm wondering if it allows a
SIP URI to call a JID.

For the (3), there's Asterisk, but I'm not sure that for the (2)
Asterisk can be turned into a SIP server with a domain name.

So, apparently, SER or OpenSER would be required.

Has anybody set a similar architecture ?

Thanks.

Maybe I mis-understand your intention, but Asterisk can most certainly
use a domain name. I use a sub-domain with mine but many people use FQDN's.
Old February 5th 07, 12:15 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
kael

Jonathan Roberts wrote:
kael wrote:
[...]

Ok. I haven't found that when reading several how-to. Gotta read the
very dense documentation. Thanks.

--
kael
Old February 5th 07, 12:27 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jonathan Roberts

kael wrote:

Maybe I mis-understand your intention, but Asterisk can most certainly
use a domain name. I use a sub-domain with mine but many people use
FQDN's.

Ok. I haven't found that when reading several how-to. Gotta read the
very dense documentation. Thanks.

If you haven't discovered this site yet, you might find his articles
useful: www.nerdvittles.com. I believe he had one on Asterisk + Jabber
a few months ago. Good luck!
Old February 5th 07, 10:35 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
NicHughes

On 4 Feb, 18:35, kael wrote:
Hello,

For the (3), there's Asterisk, but I'm not sure that for the (2)
Asterisk can be turned into a SIP server with a domain name.

Sure it can.

See http://www.voip-info.org/tiki-index....Asterisk%20SIP
%20Channels

Unless you want massive numbers of simultaneous calls I don't see why
you would need SER for this setup.

The domain name part of the question is trivial, set your DNS records
to direct traffic to the IP of the Asterisk server.

--
Nic
www.entrust-systems.net

Old February 13th 07, 08:58 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
kael

NicHughes wrote:
On 4 Feb, 18:35, kael wrote:

For the (3), there's Asterisk, but I'm not sure that for the (2)
Asterisk can be turned into a SIP server with a domain name.

Sure it can.

My doubt was not justify at all.

I got it working, at least for the basics. The configuration is gonna be
great moment, I guess.

Thanks.

--
kael
Old February 13th 07, 09:00 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
kael

Jonathan Roberts wrote:

If you haven't discovered this site yet, you might find his articles
useful: www.nerdvittles.com. I believe he had one on Asterisk + Jabber
a few months ago. Good luck!

Thanks for the link. I haven't really read it yet but I've found a great
starter http://www.asteriskguru.com/tutorials/ .

--
kael