Old January 11th 17, 05:38 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
R. Mark Clayton[_2_]

Default BT Yahoo - hopeless authentification

On Thursday, 3 December 2015 16:51:54 UTC, R. Mark Clayton wrote:
Roughly every month BT Yahoo! decides that my password needs changing. Usually if I happen to access my email while out and about and not from my own BT broadband connection.

This is nuisance as I have to update the settings on my PC, tablet and phone.

Last night I had to change it four times in fifteen minutes. What a PITA..

When are BT finally going to get a decree absolute from Yahoo! and its hopeless servers?

This improved last year, but invalidated passwords again last night.

This morning Yahoo! invalidated them again, so yet another change, but despite two messages saying it had been changed on other devices it hadn't and still hasn't. Now when I go to web mail it says I am locked out due to to many attempts (I have been out most of the day) and yet Outlook, my phone and tablet are all getting mail just fine.

So

When are BT finally going to get a decree absolute from Yahoo! and its hopeless servers?