Stalled house move order - Eclipse or BT problem?

Old February 5th 07, 10:39 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Glenn Proctor

Default Stalled house move order - Eclipse or BT problem?

Hi

I moved house 2.5 weeks ago. I told my ISP (Eclipse) several weeks before the
move. The new house is on a different exchange to the old one, but it's
close to the exchange and the previous owners had broadband, so that's not
an issue.

Of course there was no broadband connection when I tried it on the day I
moved, and there still isn't! Eclipse are blaming BT, saying that BT are
reporting a "system problem" which is delaying the provisioning. They
can't give me any more details, nor a timescale as to when I can expect a
working connection.

They also say that the BT "system problem" is affecting a lot of other
people - have any of you heard of anything like this at the moment?

I'm not content to just sit and wait until Eclipse/BT get things sorted,
but I'm at a loss to know what I can do. Any suggestions will be appreciated!

Regards

Glenn.
Old February 5th 07, 11:41 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Roger M

"Glenn Proctor" wrote in message
[...]

Dear Glen,

If you do find out anything about the BT "systems problem" please let us
know - I have had a vast reduction of my line speed via Eclipse and since
they are very poor at giving technical support or informing customers as to
progress or problems am unable to tell if I have a line fault, BT has a
systems fault or Eclipse are throttling traffic in a very ham fisted manner!

Best of luck with your move,

Roger

Old February 5th 07, 01:06 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ashley

Glenn Proctor wrote:

Of course there was no broadband connection when I tried it on the day I
moved, and there still isn't! Eclipse are blaming BT, saying that BT are
reporting a "system problem" which is delaying the provisioning. They
can't give me any more details, nor a timescale as to when I can expect a
working connection.

Does the BT availablity checker give an esimated speed or give an error?
http://www.bt.com/broadband/bb_info....FURL-broadband.

They also say that the BT "system problem" is affecting a lot of other
people - have any of you heard of anything like this at the moment?

It really depends on what the system problem is, try and get more
information out of Eclipse.

Old February 5th 07, 04:39 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
John P

Glenn Proctor wrote:
[...]

You might try this line checker since it seems to give a bit more
information.

http://www.prodigynet.co.uk/menu.php.../adsllinecheck

If it shows no rder on the line I might be inclined to try placing an
order with someone else e.g. Zen

JP