SKY BROADBAND

Old February 5th 07, 06:03 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dave Boomhauer

Default SKY BROADBAND

I'm interested in SKY BB, but have my own router that I want to stick with.

Do Sky still expect you to use their wireless hardware?
Old February 5th 07, 06:11 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Motion

"Dave Boomhauer" wrote in message
I'm interested in SKY BB, but have my own router that I want to stick
with.
Do Sky still expect you to use their wireless hardware?

In a word, YES

Old February 5th 07, 06:15 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gaz

Motion wrote:
"Dave Boomhauer" wrote in message
I'm interested in SKY BB, but have my own router that I want to stick
with.
Do Sky still expect you to use their wireless hardware?

In a word, YES

Yes, but the router they supply is a high quality one... And unless you have
got some pro-consumer kit, better then the one you have.

Gaz

Old February 5th 07, 06:33 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dave Boomhauer

"Gaz" wrote in message
Motion wrote:
"Dave Boomhauer" wrote in message
I'm interested in SKY BB, but have my own router that I want to stick
with.
Do Sky still expect you to use their wireless hardware?

In a word, YES

Yes, but the router they supply is a high quality one... And unless you
have got some pro-consumer kit, better then the one you have.

Gaz

I've got a Netgear DG834 wired router. I only have one desktop PC in the
house and so have no need for a wireless network.

Wireless would only open up the potential for other routes to be hacked (ie
wirelessly) or for interference to be caused/ received.

There is absolutely no need for me to have wireless.

Old February 5th 07, 06:36 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
dylan30

"Gaz" wrote in message
Motion wrote:
"Dave Boomhauer" wrote in message
I'm interested in SKY BB, but have my own router that I want to stick
with.
Do Sky still expect you to use their wireless hardware?

In a word, YES

Yes, but the router they supply is a high quality one... And unless you
have got some pro-consumer kit, better then the one you have.

Gaz

Hi Quality !yes it netgear but they have sky firmware and if you switch on
UPnP it stops working !
Its a bit like buying a sports car then puting a 1.1ltr engine in.

Adam

Old February 5th 07, 06:36 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Motion

"Gaz" wrote in message
Motion wrote:
"Dave Boomhauer" wrote in message
I'm interested in SKY BB, but have my own router that I want to stick
with.
Do Sky still expect you to use their wireless hardware?

In a word, YES

Yes, but the router they supply is a high quality one... And unless you
have got some pro-consumer kit, better then the one you have.

Gaz

I've got a Netgear DG834 wired router. I only have one desktop PC in the
house and so have no need for a wireless network.

Wireless would only open up the potential for other routes to be hacked
(ie wirelessly) or for interference to be caused/ received.

There is absolutely no need for me to have wireless.

There are 4 wired ports as well, so its the best of both worlds!

Old February 5th 07, 08:35 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jono

Motion wrote :
..

There is absolutely no need for me to have wireless.

There are 4 wired ports as well, so its the best of both worlds!

......and the wireless side of things can be completely turned off.