HOWTO connect my all (three) BT extension sockets to a single ATA(with FSX and PSTN)?

Old February 5th 07, 09:29 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
dmitri

Default HOWTO connect my all (three) BT extension sockets to a single ATA(with FSX and PSTN)?

I have 3 BT extension sockets, broadband and VOIP GATEWAY 102 which has two
RJ11 - one for analog phone and one for PSTN. How can I connect all three
analogue telephones to share ATA?
Old February 5th 07, 10:06 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh dmitri:
I have 3 BT extension sockets, broadband and VOIP GATEWAY 102 which
has two RJ11 - one for analog phone and one for PSTN. How can I
connect all three analogue telephones to share ATA?

Get an RJ11 plug and wire it to a BABT master socket, then wire two
extension sockets to the master socket.

Items for sale: www.dodgy-dealer.co.uk

Old February 5th 07, 10:30 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

{{{{{Welcome}}}}} laid this down on his screen :
Thus spaketh dmitri:
I have 3 BT extension sockets, broadband and VOIP GATEWAY 102 which
has two RJ11 - one for analog phone and one for PSTN. How can I
connect all three analogue telephones to share ATA?

Get an RJ11 plug and wire it to a BABT master socket, then wire two extension
sockets to the master socket.

BT Master to Gateway.

Gateway to BT Extension wiring.

Job done

Old February 5th 07, 11:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
dmitri

On Mon, 05 Feb 2007 22:30:14 +0000, Jono wrote:

{{{{{Welcome}}}}} laid this down on his screen :
Thus spaketh dmitri:
I have 3 BT extension sockets, broadband and VOIP GATEWAY 102 which
has two RJ11 - one for analog phone and one for PSTN. How can I
connect all three analogue telephones to share ATA?

Get an RJ11 plug and wire it to a BABT master socket, then wire two extension
sockets to the master socket.

BT Master to Gateway.

Gateway to BT Extension wiring.

Job done

Where do microfilter and adsl router go? Do I need to fiddle with wires?
Old February 6th 07, 07:36 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

dmitri wrote:
On Mon, 05 Feb 2007 22:30:14 +0000, Jono wrote:

{{{{{Welcome}}}}} laid this down on his screen :
Thus spaketh dmitri:
I have 3 BT extension sockets, broadband and VOIP GATEWAY 102 which
has two RJ11 - one for analog phone and one for PSTN. How can I
connect all three analogue telephones to share ATA?

Get an RJ11 plug and wire it to a BABT master socket, then wire two extension
sockets to the master socket.

BT Master to Gateway.

Gateway to BT Extension wiring.

Job done

Where do microfilter and adsl router go? Do I need to fiddle with wires?

BT Master==Microfilter==Gateway==Exten wiring

|========Router

Yes, you need to fiddle with wires. Presumably you have an rj-ll socket
on your Gateway, which has an adapter to allow you to plug a normal
phone in..?

Replace this adapter with (try) an old modem lead - cut one end off, &
use the bare end to connect to the blue extension wires behind your
master socket - make sure you disconnect them from the master first -
then plug the other end into your Gateway phone port.

You will also be able to do away with all other microfilters too - apart
from the one at the master.
Old February 6th 07, 07:44 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

Jono wrote:

Where do microfilter and adsl router go? Do I need to fiddle with wires?

BT Master==Microfilter==Gateway==Exten wiring

|========Router

For some reason, diagram above (now amended) didn't look right after posting
Old February 6th 07, 05:56 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"Jono" wrote in message
Jono wrote:

Where do microfilter and adsl router go? Do I need to
fiddle with wires?

BT Master==Microfilter==Gateway==Exten wiring

|========Router

For some reason, diagram above (now amended) didn't look
right after posting

You were right the first time. The router should, although it's actually
unfiltered, be plugged into the relevant socket on the filter (assuming
from the OP's post a separate one rather than a faceplate).

Ivor

Old February 6th 07, 07:28 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

Ivor Jones explained on 06/02/2007 :

"Jono" wrote in message
Jono wrote:

Where do microfilter and adsl router go? Do I need to
fiddle with wires?

BT Master==Microfilter==Gateway==Exten wiring

|========Router

For some reason, diagram above (now amended) didn't look
right after posting

You were right the first time. The router should, although it's actually
unfiltered, be plugged into the relevant socket on the filter (assuming from
the OP's post a separate one rather than a faceplate).

Ivor

It was an early start for me! Tired eyes & all that.