The EVIL of SPEWS is dead, will you go away now.

Old February 6th 07, 07:28 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Moris - V2

Default The EVIL of SPEWS is dead, will you go away now.

Chris Pickett wrote on 06-02-2007:

wrote:

Chris Pickett wrote on 06-02-2007:

In article ,
"R. Scott" wrote:

Its not dead,
its not going to be dead and it will live on bigger and
better than ever before.

Good dreams ...

I sure hope so. Although on my network, SPEWS has only
blocked a handful of spams in the pst 2-3 years ....

Mainly because SPEWS was the world's most useless blacklist.
What else can you expect from a blacklist called "a joke" by
spammers???

Cite proof or please refrain from further lies.

Please stop hurting yourself: http://tinyurl.com/24ct6j

Citing your own lies doesn't count.

There are no lies in there, it's straight from the horse's
(spammer's) mouth. But, hey, you already know that ...

DNSBL's I use typically nail it first. Even so, I don't see
me removing the filter for SPEWS any time soon.

You cannot filter with SPEWS any more. SPEWS is dead. The DNS
zone files are empty. And the zone files you had been using
before they were emptied were stale for more than 5 months.

Odd, just did a query. Got a reponse that the address is in the
SPEWS database. Hmm, guess you just got caught in a lie again.
Yawn. Do you ever get tired of lying? Do you ever get tired of
getting caught lying?

Sure ... Can you tell us (tinu) which DNS zone file you used for
your query?

Went to the one on the SPEWS home page. You go figure it out.
Didn't do anything special.

That is not a DNS zone file. The SPEWS DNS zone files no longer
exist. Now, go learn some more about how blacklists work and come
back in a year's time.