Good UK Unlimitted ISP

Old February 6th 07, 09:35 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Capri-Sun

Default Good UK Unlimitted ISP

Hi guys,

I signed up with ukonline under their 'ADSL2 rollout' scam and now im stuck
on 2mb with them refusing to upgrade and the performance getting worse and
worse. Is there any good unlimited ISPs out there? Im not bothered about
money - even 30 for 2mb is ok as long as I get 2mb all the time. It doesnt
even need to be completely unlimited, 50gb might do but im after almost a
business quality line so I can stream video and not fight over bandwidth at
peak times.

~Capri.

Old February 6th 07, 09:51 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
John

Capri-Sun wrote:

Hi guys,

I signed up with ukonline under their 'ADSL2 rollout' scam and now im stuck
on 2mb with them refusing to upgrade and the performance getting worse and
worse. Is there any good unlimited ISPs out there? Im not bothered about
money - even 30 for 2mb is ok as long as I get 2mb all the time. It doesnt
even need to be completely unlimited, 50gb might do but im after almost a
business quality line so I can stream video and not fight over bandwidth at
peak times.

http://www.zen.co.uk/Broadband/athome.aspx

Or an Entanet reseller like Freeola

http://freeola.com/broadband/
Old February 7th 07, 12:03 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gaz

Capri-Sun wrote:
Hi guys,

I signed up with ukonline under their 'ADSL2 rollout' scam and now im
stuck
on 2mb with them refusing to upgrade and the performance getting worse and
worse. Is there any good unlimited ISPs out there? Im not bothered about
money - even 30 for 2mb is ok as long as I get 2mb all the time. It
doesnt
even need to be completely unlimited, 50gb might do but im after almost a
business quality line so I can stream video and not fight over bandwidth
at
peak times.

~Capri.

Sky Max (technically ukonline and sky are the same, so if you have
performance issues, i doubt they would be solved)

Gaz

Old February 7th 07, 01:57 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
embee

"Capri-Sun" wrote in message
Hi guys,

I signed up with ukonline under their 'ADSL2 rollout' scam and now im
stuck on 2mb with them refusing to upgrade and the performance getting
worse and worse. Is there any good unlimited ISPs out there? Im not
bothered about money - even 30 for 2mb is ok as long as I get 2mb all the
time. It doesnt even need to be completely unlimited, 50gb might do but im
after almost a business quality line so I can stream video and not fight
over bandwidth at peak times.

~Capri.

Zen Internet, without a doubt. Not the cheapest service, but within your
upper limit. They're introducing a 100GB limit on their 2mb service soon,
but I very rarely have any problems with their connection and their help
service is second to none. 100GB is pretty decent too :-)
Good Luck

Old February 7th 07, 06:12 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Motion

"Gaz" wrote in message

Sky Max (technically ukonline and sky are the same, so if you have
performance issues, i doubt they would be solved)

I thought that Sky were apart of Easynet? Not UKonline.

Old February 7th 07, 06:45 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
dave @ stejonda

In message , Motion
writes
"Gaz" wrote in message

Sky Max (technically ukonline and sky are the same, so if you have
performance issues, i doubt they would be solved)

I thought that Sky were apart of Easynet? Not UKonline.

Take a guess who UkOnline are part of!

--
dave @ stejonda
Old February 7th 07, 09:54 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
NoNeedToKnow

On 7 Feb 2007, "Motion" wrote:

I thought that Sky were apart of Easynet? Not UKonline.

I had shares in Easynet Group until Sky bought them...

UK Online was part of Easynet, giving service to residential users,
while Easynet concentrated on business connections, ADSL + SDSL.
Old February 8th 07, 08:00 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
cnews

"embee" wrote in message

Zen Internet, without a doubt. Not the cheapest service, but within your
upper limit. They're introducing a 100GB limit on their 2mb service soon,
but I very rarely have any problems with their connection and their help
service is second to none. 100GB is pretty decent too :-)
Good Luck

New customers can't have the 2mb 100GB service - they get only an unlimited
256kb service or the usual 'up to 8mb' ADSLMax service with d/l limits of
2Gb, 20Gb or 50Gb per month depending on a spend of 17.99, 24.99 or 34.99
per month. Extra GB of d/l are 1.49 each. Their Office 8000 Max is
ADSLMax with no d/l limit at 79ukp per month.

Cheers
C (a 2mb user and staying there)

Old February 10th 07, 10:04 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
embee

"cnews" wrote in message

New customers can't have the 2mb 100GB service - they get only an
unlimited 256kb service or the usual 'up to 8mb' ADSLMax service with d/l
limits of 2Gb, 20Gb or 50Gb per month depending on a spend of 17.99, 24.99
or 34.99 per month. Extra GB of d/l are 1.49 each. Their Office 8000
Max is ADSLMax with no d/l limit at 79ukp per month.

Cheers
C (a 2mb user and staying there)

Thanks for pointing that out - I didn't bother to check their options for
new signups (for obvious reasons!)
Cheers

Old February 18th 07, 10:57 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Soruk

On Sat, 10 Feb 2007 10:04:32 -0000, embee wrote:

"cnews" wrote in message
.. .

New customers can't have the 2mb 100GB service - they get only an
unlimited 256kb service or the usual 'up to 8mb' ADSLMax service with d/l
limits of 2Gb, 20Gb or 50Gb per month depending on a spend of 17.99, 24.99
or 34.99 per month. Extra GB of d/l are 1.49 each. Their Office 8000
Max is ADSLMax with no d/l limit at 79ukp per month.

Cheers
C (a 2mb user and staying there)

Thanks for pointing that out - I didn't bother to check their options for
new signups (for obvious reasons!)
Cheers

Demon Internet give an up-to-8MB service for 24.99/month with an apparent
60GB/month (rolling) limit. The 19.99/month offering has fewer features
and is dynamic IP, and the limit is lower at about 50GB.

Mail Me Anywhere - http://www.MailMeAnywhere.com/ - Mobile email