Compraison of IAX-capable phones

Old February 9th 07, 10:51 AM posted to comp.dcom.voice-over-ip,uk.telecom.voip
Al

Default Compraison of IAX-capable phones

Hello,

searching the web hasn't yet brought up much of the kind of information
I am looking for: a comparison of several IAX-capable phones on the
market in terms of price, capabilities, user-friendliness, etc.

Would anybody be aware of a site with such information or possibly know
of a magazine that has published an article to that effect.

TIA!

Al

Old February 9th 07, 11:34 AM posted to comp.dcom.voice-over-ip,uk.telecom.voip
Thomas Kenyon

Al wrote:
Hello,

searching the web hasn't yet brought up much of the kind of information
I am looking for: a comparison of several IAX-capable phones on the
market in terms of price, capabilities, user-friendliness, etc.

Would anybody be aware of a site with such information or possibly know
of a magazine that has published an article to that effect.

TIA!

Al

I don't really know any other than the PA1688 and AR168X varieties.
Old February 9th 07, 04:54 PM posted to comp.dcom.voice-over-ip,uk.telecom.voip
Tim

Al wrote:

searching the web hasn't yet brought up much of the kind of information
I am looking for: a comparison of several IAX-capable phones on the
market in terms of price, capabilities, user-friendliness, etc.

There aren't many to choose from.

Much more choice in the SIP phone market.

Tim
Old February 9th 07, 05:34 PM posted to comp.dcom.voice-over-ip,uk.telecom.voip
Thomas Kenyon

Tim wrote:
Al wrote:
searching the web hasn't yet brought up much of the kind of information
I am looking for: a comparison of several IAX-capable phones on the
market in terms of price, capabilities, user-friendliness, etc.

There aren't many to choose from.

Much more choice in the SIP phone market.

Tim

Thinking of it, does anyone know of an IAX hardphone, with working call
transfer?
Old February 11th 07, 11:52 PM posted to comp.dcom.voice-over-ip,uk.telecom.voip
Cardiff IT Support Ltd

Thomas Kenyon wrote:
Tim wrote:
Al wrote:
searching the web hasn't yet brought up much of the kind of information
I am looking for: a comparison of several IAX-capable phones on the
market in terms of price, capabilities, user-friendliness, etc.

There aren't many to choose from.

Much more choice in the SIP phone market.

Tim

Thinking of it, does anyone know of an IAX hardphone, with working call
transfer?

The PA168S based ATCOM AT320 works (including transfer) with both the
SIP and IAX2 firmware loaded.

I recall having a problem with Transfer on one of the IAX2 firmware
versions about a year ago but I changed to another version and it was
solved.

These days, I wouldn't touch that phone - but there was a time when I
knew no better.

I too, am looking forward to the day some of the quality brand suppliers
begin to offer IAX2 based handsets. Until then, I normally stick with
Aastra.

---
Sean Browne
Cardiff IT Support Ltd
www.cardiffitsupport.com
Old February 12th 07, 01:08 AM posted to comp.dcom.voice-over-ip,uk.telecom.voip
Thomas Kenyon

Cardiff IT Support Ltd wrote:

Thinking of it, does anyone know of an IAX hardphone, with working
call transfer?

The PA168S based ATCOM AT320 works (including transfer) with both the
SIP and IAX2 firmware loaded.

I recall having a problem with Transfer on one of the IAX2 firmware
versions about a year ago but I changed to another version and it was
solved.

Ah, maybe the problem is solved then.

These days, I wouldn't touch that phone - but there was a time when I
knew no better.

Afaict, Atcom have run out of PA168s anyway, so you'll be unlikely to
get one.

The one I've got here has been pretty solid, and significantly cheaper
than an Aastra 9112i (and prettier imo), I guess you get what you pay for.