Reliable ISP (512) required.

Old February 10th 07, 04:14 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
NoNeedToKnow

Default Reliable ISP (512) required.

On 09 Feb 2007, Fred wrote:

On Fri, 9 Feb 2007 17:02:11 -0000, Flying Rat wrote:

http://www.ukfsn.org/home/internet/adsl/unlimited.html

It's there to further the cause of Linx I believe.

Or perhaps you mean Linux...

I would prefer something a bit more "main stream".

UKFSN has been around for some time, but in this case, they're a reseller for
a widely respected service, EntaNet. If you check www.thinkbroadband.com you
will see that despite some problems a number of months ago (when there were a
large number of new users and a delay in getting additional BT capacity), the
firm has quite a bit of positive comment, despite having introduced some fine
tuning during peak hours (which will limit some of the heaviest users to get
traffic at less than the maximum an "up to 8000 kbps" connection supports).

UKFSN is one reseller. Aquiss, Freeola, Vivacity all offer similar Home Max
packages, eg 30 GB "peak" + 300 GB "off peak", while some offer "uncapped"
but perhaps not at speeds as low as 500 kbps. UKFSN might not be one of
the "big names" in the market, and in the past the website was not very
'flashy' compared with some others, but the service I had was fine (in
days long gone when UKFSN was reselling Tiscali network access).

http://www.aquiss.net/broadband-max.php
http://freeola.com/broadband/
http://www.vivaciti.com/Full_product_list.htm
Old February 19th 07, 10:49 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dr Teeth

I was just thinking how wonderful life was, when Fred
opened his gob and said:

I would prefer something a bit more "main stream".

They are resellers for a mainstream ISP called Entanet. UKFSN's
customer service is top hole and IF they go tits up, as they are
resellers, you don't lose your connection.

Give them a go, 1 month notice to leave...you have not got anything to
lose.

--
Cheers,

Guy