Sky Broadband

Old February 10th 07, 12:34 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gordon Hudson

Default Sky Broadband

Being a sky subscriber I thought I would take advantage of their offer by
getting broadband on my main phone line at home.
I have a second line which has a business type ADSL connection on it, but I
thought it would be worth trying the Sky on the main number.
If it worked out I would get rid of the other connection because I don't
need that level of reliability at home.
Unfortunately their checker is saying its a cable line not a BT one which is
not true and there does not appear to be a way round this to contact them
for manual intervention.

Has anyone else had that problem and got round it?

Old February 10th 07, 03:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Eeyore

Gordon Hudson wrote:

Being a sky subscriber I thought I would take advantage of their offer by
getting broadband on my main phone line at home.
I have a second line which has a business type ADSL connection on it, but I
thought it would be worth trying the Sky on the main number.
If it worked out I would get rid of the other connection because I don't
need that level of reliability at home.
Unfortunately their checker is saying its a cable line not a BT one which is
not true and there does not appear to be a way round this to contact them
for manual intervention.

Have you even asked them ? How about sending them a copy of your BT bill for
that number ?

If they are truly uncontactable how much do you really want to be a customer of
theirs ?

Has anyone else had that problem and got round it?

Ofcom.

Graham

Old February 10th 07, 04:10 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Motion

Why not go to: www.skyuser.co.uk

Old February 11th 07, 04:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gordon Hudson

"Motion" wrote in message
"Gordon Hudson" wrote in message
Being a sky subscriber I thought I would take advantage of their offer by
getting broadband on my main phone line at home.
I have a second line which has a business type ADSL connection on it, but
I thought it would be worth trying the Sky on the main number.
If it worked out I would get rid of the other connection because I don't
need that level of reliability at home.
Unfortunately their checker is saying its a cable line not a BT one which
is not true and there does not appear to be a way round this to contact
them for manual intervention.

Has anyone else had that problem and got round it?

Why not go to: www.skyuser.co.uk

I will have a look thanks.