Siemens C460IP phone?

Old February 10th 07, 10:18 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
ian

Default Siemens C460IP phone?

I'm thinking of getting a Siemens C460IP phone for use with Voipfone.
Experiences anyone?

--
Ian
Old February 12th 07, 01:59 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Linker3000

ian wrote:
I'm thinking of getting a Siemens C460IP phone for use with Voipfone.
Experiences anyone?

Just started to evaluate one - easy to setup but a bit clicky. I need to
do some more testing though as the DECT base is about 1m from a
wifi-enabled ADSL router at the moment.

Old February 12th 07, 06:33 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Peter Gradwell

ian wrote:
I'm thinking of getting a Siemens C460IP phone for use with Voipfone.
Experiences anyone?

i think it's awesome, but it does occasionally say it's failed to
register for some reason, when actually it's fine

peter

Old February 12th 07, 06:43 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jay

"ian" wrote in message ...
I'm thinking of getting a Siemens C460IP phone for use with Voipfone.
Experiences anyone?

--
Ian

Ian,
I bought the same unit 2 weeks ago from DST telecom.
Works like a treat on both VOIP & Normal land line.
only wished there was a way to add contacts on to the phone rather than
typing them all in.

I have a discount code for 7% off if bought in this month from the company.
Post on here if you need it.
I can give you the code once I reach home.
still at work at the moment.

Old February 17th 07, 10:45 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
ian

In message , Jay
writes

"ian" wrote in message ...
I'm thinking of getting a Siemens C460IP phone for use with Voipfone.
Experiences anyone?

--
Ian

Ian,
I bought the same unit 2 weeks ago from DST telecom.
Works like a treat on both VOIP & Normal land line.
only wished there was a way to add contacts on to the phone rather than
typing them all in.

I have a discount code for 7% off if bought in this month from the company.
Post on here if you need it.
I can give you the code once I reach home.
still at work at the moment.

Somebody in another forum said it was impossible to set the audio to a
high enough level. He couldn't hear other callers very well, and people
he called said the audio level was low.

Does this match people's experiences here?

Also, as I understand it, you have to set up the address book separately
on each handset -- it doesn't seem possible to do it from a web
interface. Is this true, and how do you set up SIP addresses in the
address book?

Also #2, where do I find the user manual? The Siemens site doesn't play
ball with my browser.

--
Ian
Old February 17th 07, 05:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Tim

ian wrote:

Somebody in another forum said it was impossible to set the audio to a
high enough level. He couldn't hear other callers very well, and people
he called said the audio level was low.

Does this match people's experiences here?

No. They work fine. On the newer firmware, you can adjust the gain
levels.

Of course, the person in the forum may have a PBX that transmits at too
low a gain level.

Also, as I understand it, you have to set up the address book separately
on each handset -- it doesn't seem possible to do it from a web
interface. Is this true, and how do you set up SIP addresses in the
address book?

Correct. Web interface on affects base station. Address book is in the
handset.

You can't enter SIP addresses into the address book. Infact, you can't
dial a SIP address anyway.

It really is a very simple phone, but it works really well.

Also #2, where do I find the user manual? The Siemens site doesn't play
ball with my browser.

Try:

http://www.provu.co.uk//pdf/siemens/...dicEnglish.pdf

C460IP and C450IP are the same thing. 460 british, 450 european.

There are 2 plastic shapes for the handset - manual shows the other
variant to what is sold in the UK.

Tim
Old February 19th 07, 01:25 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Paul

ian wrote:
[snip]

Also, as I understand it, you have to set up the address book separately
on each handset -- it doesn't seem possible to do it from a web
interface. Is this true, and how do you set up SIP addresses in the
address book?

Whilst the phonebook is stored individually on each handset, it is easy
to copy it between handsets registered to the same base station. So you
only need to type it in once.

cheers,
Paul.
Old February 20th 07, 04:14 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip

On 10 Feb, 10:18, ian wrote:
I'm thinking of getting a Siemens C460IP phone for use with Voipfone.
Experiences anyone?

--
Ian

Hi Ian,

The Siemens C460IP is a decent dect handset. I use it as my home
phone. I bought it off www.connexin.co.uk. Its relatively cheap and
the connexin voip service is the best ive ever had!

IF you're interested let me know i get discounts!

Old February 20th 07, 04:17 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip

On 19 Feb, 13:25, Paul wrote:
ian wrote:

[snip]

Also, as I understand it, you have to set up the address book separately
on each handset -- it doesn't seem possible to do it from a web
interface. Is this true, and how do you set up SIP addresses in the
address book?

Whilst the phonebook is stored individually on each handset, it is easy
to copy it between handsets registered to the same base station. So you
only need to type it in once.

cheers,
Paul.

Paul,

The Siemens handset can be adjusted using its computer browser based
system. Open internet explorer and type: 192.168.2.15 or 192.168.1.15
depends on the make of your router. It Lets you then customise the
baseset using your computer! If you need more info feel free to visit
www.connexin.co.uk or email .

Regards

www.connexin.co.uk