NAMESCO

Old February 10th 07, 06:29 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dave Boomhauer

Default NAMESCO

I've got namesco's unlimited option and I know that most ISPs deliver
service on a contended basis, but every evening the service goes
****e........really slow.

Has anyone else experienced this with namesco?

I wouldn't expect it as I'm paying a premium price for a premium service.

Old February 10th 07, 08:39 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
NoNeedToKnow

On 10 Feb 2007, "Dave Boomhauer" wrote:

I wouldn't expect it as I'm paying a premium price for a premium service.

Described as "unlimited" and 1:1 or is there some level of contention?

Is this IPStream Max, or IPStream Max Premium ? (If the latter, then it
is meant to have priority at all times but if the former, then 'tough')
Old February 10th 07, 11:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Eeyore

Dave Boomhauer wrote:

I've got namesco's unlimited option and I know that most ISPs deliver
service on a contended basis, but every evening the service goes
****e........really slow.

Has anyone else experienced this with namesco?

I wouldn't expect it as I'm paying a premium price for a premium service.

If it's based on MaxDSL, then it'll still suffer the same contention issues as
any other package.

Graham

Old February 12th 07, 09:44 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Graham2

"Dave Boomhauer" wrote in message
I've got namesco's unlimited option and I know that most ISPs deliver
service on a contended basis, but every evening the service goes
****e........really slow.

Has anyone else experienced this with namesco?

I wouldn't expect it as I'm paying a premium price for a premium service.

Apparently they have 2 new 'pipes' on order - 1 due very soon (talking days
here) and the other in March sometime. Might improve then ?
(It takes at least 3 months to get it from BT so a bit of a lag time if lots
of new customers sign up fast)

Have you had a look in their support forum http://www.ndousers.com/ there
are a few threads about poor speeds and high ping times in the evening.

I'm still on their standard 2mb connection and have no speed probs and don't
play games online so can't say I've noticed anything too bad.

Graham

Old February 13th 07, 06:22 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dave Boomhauer

"Graham2" wrote in message
[...]

Thanks Graham, I'll have a look....