BT ignoring pings on their routers of late?

Old February 10th 07, 10:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
ale.cx

Default BT ignoring pings on their routers of late?

Customer of ours has a WAN that interacts with BT's at various levels,
including IPClear and a Central with bunch of IPStreams hanging off
it. We've noticed within the last month that BT seem to have
reconfigured their kit so it doesn't respond to pings. We used to ping
the PE router on the IPClear circuit, in order to check the circuit is
up, and auto-failover to one of the others if not. The engineers I've
spoken to at IPClear support say I should be able to ping the PE
router, and can't give an explanation as to why not ["I can ping your
loopback address from the VRF" was one response. For a moment, I
thought I'd slipped into a parallel universe, where NTL Broadband
support was moonlighting for BT]. As for the Central, it's a BT-
provisioned Cisco 36xx, that has also stopped responding to pings, in
the same week. Anyone else noticed this?

alexd

Old February 11th 07, 12:33 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Paul Cupis

ale.cx wrote:
Customer of ours has a WAN that interacts with BT's at various levels,
including IPClear and a Central with bunch of IPStreams hanging off
it. We've noticed within the last month that BT seem to have
reconfigured their kit so it doesn't respond to pings. We used to ping
the PE router on the IPClear circuit, in order to check the circuit is
up, and auto-failover to one of the others if not. The engineers I've
spoken to at IPClear support say I should be able to ping the PE
router, and can't give an explanation as to why not ["I can ping your
loopback address from the VRF" was one response. For a moment, I
thought I'd slipped into a parallel universe, where NTL Broadband
support was moonlighting for BT]. As for the Central, it's a BT-
provisioned Cisco 36xx, that has also stopped responding to pings, in
the same week. Anyone else noticed this?

Yes, it is in response to recently publicised Cisco vulnerabilities.