Tiscali Speed

Old February 11th 07, 09:55 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter

Default Tiscali Speed

Yesterday I installed an Ethernet modem connection for a friend who has
2Mbps Tiscali Broadband. A speed test revealed (10pm) he was getting 0.6Mbps
Download and 0.2 Mbps Upload speeds. He is about 3-400m from the exchange. I
live some 60m away from him and have BT Max ADSL and get approx 5.5Mbps
Download and 0.4Mbps upload speed. Is this speed typical for Tiscali or
should he expect higher speeds?

Peter

Old February 11th 07, 10:16 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
John Jenkins

"Peter" wrote in message
Yesterday I installed an Ethernet modem connection for a friend who has
2Mbps Tiscali Broadband. A speed test revealed (10pm) he was getting

0.6Mbps
Download and 0.2 Mbps Upload speeds. He is about 3-400m from the exchange.

live some 60m away from him and have BT Max ADSL and get approx 5.5Mbps
Download and 0.4Mbps upload speed. Is this speed typical for Tiscali or
should he expect higher speeds?

Peter

Very Typical, especially if he is on an exchange that serves a large town or
city, they are crap. A friend of mine has been suffering speeds as low as
dial-up and he has the up-to-8mbps package with them.

Old February 11th 07, 05:06 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Capri-Sun

"Peter" wrote in message
Yesterday I installed an Ethernet modem connection for a friend who has
2Mbps Tiscali Broadband. A speed test revealed (10pm) he was getting
0.6Mbps Download and 0.2 Mbps Upload speeds. He is about 3-400m from the
exchange. I live some 60m away from him and have BT Max ADSL and get
approx 5.5Mbps Download and 0.4Mbps upload speed. Is this speed typical
for Tiscali or should he expect higher speeds?

Tiscali use traffic shaping so if hes using torrent at peak he will get
jack-all.

Peter