Talk Talk salesman called me a pikey...

Old February 11th 07, 03:23 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
kim

Default Talk Talk salesman called me a pikey...

No kidding. Two salesmen with Talk Talk ID badges called yesterday. One of
the salesmen was significantly older than the other and may have been in
charge? They asked repeatedly to be let inside, I refused. They wanted me to
transfer my phone line (BT) and internet connection (AOL) to them. I
explained that since the takeover of my AOL line by Carphone Warehouse the
standard of service had fallen off a cliff. They said "that was all down to
BT and nothing to do with them" and became increasingly belligerent.
Apparently I was some kind of idiot for not wanting to be billed by Talk
Talk for both my phone line and internet connection. I said if anything I
was planning to move to NTL at which point the younger of the two (by now
moving to the house next door) shouted quite clearly "then you'll be an even
bigger pikey than you are now".

You couldn't make up a story like this.

(kim).

Old February 11th 07, 05:03 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Terry_P

Yes, I've had an encounter with 2 persistent dumbos from Talk Talk in the
last few days. My pair wanted to know if I was with BT or on cable - even
though I am over 30 miles from the nearest cable provider!

Where do they find their staff!!
Old February 11th 07, 07:16 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Have you filed a complaint against them? If you got his name you could
get him (quite rightly) told off. If he said that to me I think
there'd be a suitably large inanimate object flying his way shortly
after...

Old February 11th 07, 09:26 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andrew Sayers

"kim" wrote:

[...]

I suggest you contact "Talk Talk" and make a complaint.

Thanks for the warning anyway. Mind you any company that uses baby talk for their
name (talktalk - I feel embarrassed for them), deserves to be utterly ignored by
intelligent people.

--

Andrew Sayers
Old February 11th 07, 09:38 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ivor Jones

"Andrew Sayers" wrote in message

[snip]

I suggest you contact "Talk Talk" and make a complaint.

Thanks for the warning anyway. Mind you any company that
uses baby talk for their name (talktalk - I feel
embarrassed for them), deserves to be utterly ignored by
intelligent people.

Maybe I'm being silly, but one of the reasons I bought a Garmin satnav
device is the name "Tom Tom" put me off.

Ivor

Old February 11th 07, 10:22 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
SteveH

Ivor Jones wrote:

"Andrew Sayers" wrote in message

[snip]

I suggest you contact "Talk Talk" and make a complaint.

Thanks for the warning anyway. Mind you any company that
uses baby talk for their name (talktalk - I feel
embarrassed for them), deserves to be utterly ignored by
intelligent people.

Maybe I'm being silly, but one of the reasons I bought a Garmin satnav
device is the name "Tom Tom" put me off.

You don't want SatNav, it might interfere with the electrical systems in
your car.
Alfa 156 TSpark - B6 Passat 2.0TDI SE - COSOC KOTL
BOTAFOT #87 - BOTAFOF #18 - MRO # - UKRMSBC #7 - Apostle #2 - YTC #
Old February 12th 07, 12:38 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gaz

kim wrote:
[...]

Ah but, do you have an old Ford Capri on bricks in your front garden???

Gaz

Old February 12th 07, 07:12 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Carl

Ah but, do you have an old Ford Capri on bricks in your front garden???

Very funny! Do you program it for a destination, then sit in the car, with
the Professionals music playing? Seriously, this cold calling sounds bad,
but at least you could physically get your hands on the two idiots, not like
BT and their damn callcentres.

Old February 12th 07, 12:17 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ivor Jones

"SteveH" wrote in message

Ivor Jones wrote:

"Andrew Sayers" wrote in message

[snip]

I suggest you contact "Talk Talk" and make a
complaint.

Thanks for the warning anyway. Mind you any company
that uses baby talk for their name (talktalk - I feel
embarrassed for them), deserves to be utterly ignored
by intelligent people.

Maybe I'm being silly, but one of the reasons I bought
a Garmin satnav device is the name "Tom Tom" put me off.

You don't want SatNav, it might interfere with the
electrical systems in your car.

Well it hasn't in 5 years of use. But if it does, I know I won't plummet
to my death from 30,000 ft.

Ivor

Old February 12th 07, 01:25 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
kim

"S" wrote in message
ups.com...
Have you filed a complaint against them? If you got his name you could
get him (quite rightly) told off.

Reading the experiences of others making similar complaints suggests he is
more likely to be offered a promotion.

(kim)