Low Volume

Old February 11th 07, 08:11 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Port Admiral Haynes

Default Low Volume

I have a Binatone Fusion 2200 DECT Phone plugged into a Linksys PAP2T ATA
and place outgoing calls via VoipDiscount. The people I call say that when I
speak my voice is a little on the quiet side. Is there anything I can do to
increase the volume?

The PAP2T has no user manual with it and I don't want to mess in case I mess
things up!!!

The setting in Audio Config are as follows

Preferred Codec - G711u
Use Pref Codec Only - No
DTMF Tx method - Auto
Silence Supp Enable - No
FAX CED Detect Enable - yes

Many thanks

Old February 11th 07, 08:30 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Graham

"Port Admiral Haynes" wrote in message
I have a Binatone Fusion 2200 DECT Phone plugged into a Linksys PAP2T ATA
and place outgoing calls via VoipDiscount. The people I call say that when
I speak my voice is a little on the quiet side. Is there anything I can do
to increase the volume?

The PAP2T has no user manual with it and I don't want to mess in case I
mess things up!!!

The setting in Audio Config are as follows

Preferred Codec - G711u
Use Pref Codec Only - No
DTMF Tx method - Auto
Silence Supp Enable - No
FAX CED Detect Enable - yes

Many thanks

Try playing with the FXS Port Input Gain on the regional tab.
--

Graham.
%Profound_observation%

Old February 11th 07, 08:34 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Port Admiral Haynes

"Graham" wrote in message

"Port Admiral Haynes" wrote in message
I have a Binatone Fusion 2200 DECT Phone plugged into a Linksys PAP2T ATA
and place outgoing calls via VoipDiscount. The people I call say that when
I speak my voice is a little on the quiet side. Is there anything I can
do to increase the volume?

The PAP2T has no user manual with it and I don't want to mess in case I
mess things up!!!

The setting in Audio Config are as follows

Preferred Codec - G711u
Use Pref Codec Only - No
DTMF Tx method - Auto
Silence Supp Enable - No
FAX CED Detect Enable - yes

Many thanks

Try playing with the FXS Port Input Gain on the regional tab.
--

Graham.
%Profound_observation%

Many thanks - I will give it a go

Old February 11th 07, 08:36 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Port Admiral Haynes

"Port Admiral Haynes" wrote in message
I have a Binatone Fusion 2200 DECT Phone plugged into a Linksys PAP2T ATA
and place outgoing calls via VoipDiscount. The people I call say that when
I speak my voice is a little on the quiet side. Is there anything I can do
to increase the volume?

The PAP2T has no user manual with it and I don't want to mess in case I
mess things up!!!

The setting in Audio Config are as follows

Preferred Codec - G711u
Use Pref Codec Only - No
DTMF Tx method - Auto
Silence Supp Enable - No
FAX CED Detect Enable - yes

Many thanks

Both FXS Port Input and Output Gain is set to -3 at the moment - any
suggestions as to what I should try?

Old February 11th 07, 10:02 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Port Admiral Haynes

"{{{{{Welcome}}}}}" wrote in message
. uk...
Thus spaketh Port Admiral Haynes:
"Port Admiral Haynes" wrote in message
I have a Binatone Fusion 2200 DECT Phone plugged into a Linksys
PAP2T ATA and place outgoing calls via VoipDiscount. The people I
call say that when I speak my voice is a little on the quiet side.
Is there anything I can do to increase the volume?

The PAP2T has no user manual with it and I don't want to mess in
case I mess things up!!!

The setting in Audio Config are as follows

Preferred Codec - G711u
Use Pref Codec Only - No
DTMF Tx method - Auto
Silence Supp Enable - No
FAX CED Detect Enable - yes

Many thanks

Both FXS Port Input and Output Gain is set to -3 at the moment - any
suggestions as to what I should try?

0

0

Ok - I tried 0 and 0 but that made it a little distorted, -1 and -1 seems
perfect. Whilst looking at these settings I noticed "Silence Supp Enable" is
off - what does this do?

Thanks

Old February 11th 07, 10:08 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"Port Admiral Haynes" wrote in message

[snip]

Ok - I tried 0 and 0 but that made it a little distorted,
-1 and -1 seems perfect. Whilst looking at these settings
I noticed "Silence Supp Enable" is off - what does this
do?

It stops the line sounding totally dead during pauses in conversation.
It's very unnatural, try setting it to "on" and you'll see what I mean.

Ivor

Old February 12th 07, 09:42 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Paul

Port Admiral Haynes wrote:
[snip]

Ok - I tried 0 and 0 but that made it a little distorted, -1 and -1 seems
perfect. Whilst looking at these settings I noticed "Silence Supp Enable" is
off - what does this do?

Thanks

It makes the device stop transmitting audio when there is silence. To
you'll save a bit of bandwidth if you are on a capped Internet
connection. But you can end up with clicks in the audio every time
someone starts and stops talking, very annoying! I'd leave it turned off.

cheers,
Paul.
Old February 12th 07, 09:50 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh Paul:
Port Admiral Haynes wrote:
[snip]

Ok - I tried 0 and 0 but that made it a little distorted, -1 and -1
seems perfect. Whilst looking at these settings I noticed "Silence
Supp Enable" is off - what does this do?

Thanks

It makes the device stop transmitting audio when there is silence. To
you'll save a bit of bandwidth if you are on a capped Internet
connection. But you can end up with clicks in the audio every time
someone starts and stops talking, very annoying! I'd leave it turned
off.

cheers,
Paul.

People the other end also think the line has gone dead as it is too
quiet.