Such a device if anyone knows, please

Old February 12th 07, 09:30 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Default Such a device if anyone knows, please

Intermediary to 2 independent phone line.

Caller calls a number of line A, the connected device allows the
caller to dial a number of line B.

Old February 12th 07, 09:45 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Colin Wilson

Intermediary to 2 independent phone line.
Caller calls a number of line A, the connected device allows the
caller to dial a number of line B.

If you can get caller ID off the first phone, you could probably rig up
an app on a computer to do what you want without too much trouble...

Where this might cause problems is if the caller on A is behind a PABX
that doesn't hand out a caller ID (like ours in work) or the
presentation number is a generic number, not that of the caller.
Old February 13th 07, 01:34 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.telecom.voip,uk.telecom

On 12 Feb, 08:45, Colin Wilson wrote:
If you can get caller ID off the first phone, you could probably rig up
an app on a computer to do what you want without too much trouble...

Where this might cause problems is if the caller on A is behind a PABX
that doesn't hand out a caller ID (like ours in work) or the
presentation number is a generic number, not that of the caller.

Thank you Colin for the suggestion.

This would I suppose require some sort of internal card with 2 phone
ports and the application.

If so could you please tell me what make of card should do this and
what sort of software application will have to be written?

It should be OK my cross posting this to uk.telecom.voip and
uk.telecom.

Regards,
DMJoshi

Old February 13th 07, 03:07 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Invalid

In message .com,
writes
Intermediary to 2 independent phone line.

Caller calls a number of line A, the connected device allows the
caller to dial a number of line B.

www.vikingelectronics.com, their RAD-1device looks to do exactly what
you want (they seem to suggest you will need an amplifier RAD-AMP?)

Also seems to provide security.

If you want to try and rig something yourself take a look at
http://www.sandman.com

Their gadget WAL3A seems to do what you want, but on a single line with
US style 3 way calling. It may be that in their catalogue is what you
need.

I suspect what you are trying to do is frowned on by the average TELCO,
and certainly by the police etc, as it makes call tracing hard. However
if what you are really trying to do is put a VOIP system on one side of
this rig, I think Google will be your friend - try VOIP bridge.

Regards
--
Peter R Cook
Old February 13th 07, 08:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.telecom.voip,uk.telecom
ale.cx

On Feb 13, 12:34 pm, wrote:
Intermediary to 2 independent phone line.
Caller calls a number of line A, the connected device allows the
caller to dial a number of line B.

On 12 Feb, 08:45, Colin Wilson wrote:

If you can get caller ID off the first phone, you could probably rig up
an app on a computer to do what you want without too much trouble...

Where this might cause problems is if the caller on A is behind a PABX
that doesn't hand out a caller ID (like ours in work) or the
presentation number is a generic number, not that of the caller.

Thank you Colin for the suggestion.

This would I suppose require some sort of internal card with 2
phone ports and the application.

If so could you please tell me what make of card should do this and
what sort of software application will have to be written?

I'm not 100% sure if this will be any help to you, but...from what
you've written, my interpretation is that you want people who call in
on line A to be able to call out on line B, and both lines terminate
on the same bit of equipment. And the definition of this bit of
equipment is what you're asking for help with.

My advice [as usual] is that Asterisk can do what you want, if my
interpretation above is correct. If it's two analogue lines we're
talking about, you could do a proof of concept with 2 x X101p cards.
If all you need is a number to accept an incoming call on, and a way
of getting the call back out, this can be done with a couple of IP
trunks.

alexd

Old February 14th 07, 07:47 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.telecom.voip,uk.telecom

On Feb 13, 2:07 pm, Invalid wrote:
In message .com,
writesIntermediary to 2 independent phone line.

[...]

Thank you Peter.

Device "RAD-AMP, Amplified Remote Access Device" is located, costing
$400 including shipping to UK.

Looking around if anyone has put out a chaeaper product.

Regards,
D M Joshi

Old February 20th 07, 05:28 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.telecom.voip,uk.telecom
fa103

On 13 Feb, 12:34, wrote:
[...]

Dear DM Joshi

Indeed there is a device. www.connexin.co.uk sell for 39.99 its a
sophisticated ATA with Hop on Hop Off service meaning... you get 2
lines.. you ring one, enter a pin and dial out over the other. For
more info contact

Hope that helps.