Rubbish Virgin Service

Old February 12th 07, 03:54 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Keith

Default Rubbish Virgin Service

Trying to contact Virgin re poor connection speeds and the remote
assistance button on the customer services help page to chat to tech reps
seems to be missing.Cant contact them by e mail as when you click on send
nothing happens.God I thought Plusnet was poor for customer service but
Virgin seem to be even worse.It looks like the service has gone tits up
since the tie up with NTL.For anyone thinking about moving to Virgin from
another provider think again.As soon as my contract is up in 9 months I'm
off back to Plusnet

Old February 12th 07, 04:04 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Alex Brown

On Mon, 12 Feb 2007 15:54:52 GMT, "Keith" wrote:

Trying to contact Virgin re poor connection speeds and the remote
assistance button on the customer services help page to chat to tech reps
seems to be missing.

Strange - not that close to the ADSL side of the business (but know
people who are) so can't comment in any great depth, but if you want
to drop me an e-mail with details etc I'll see if I can get someone to
help.

From: address is valid.

Cheers

Alex

--

Alex Brown
Senior Product Manager
Old February 12th 07, 06:55 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Eeyore

Keith wrote:

As soon as my contract is up in 9 months I'm off back to Plusnet

Can't you think of a better ISP ?

Graham

Old February 12th 07, 07:23 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
kráftéé

Eeyore wrote:
Keith wrote:

As soon as my contract is up in 9 months I'm off back to Plusnet

Can't you think of a better ISP ?

Better the Devil you know????

Old February 12th 07, 08:16 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Steve Terry

"Keith" wrote in message
Trying to contact Virgin re poor connection speeds and the remote
assistance button on the customer services help page to chat to tech
reps seems to be missing.Cant contact them by e mail as when you click on
send nothing happens.God I thought Plusnet was poor for customer service
but Virgin seem to be even worse.It looks like the service has gone tits
up since the tie up with NTL.For anyone thinking about moving to Virgin
from another provider think again.As soon as my contract is up in 9 months
I'm off back to Plusnet

Virgin ADSLmax package 2 does OK for me, gets a bit slow late afternoon/
early evening, but late evening i get around 6 Mbps, and it allows me to use
NTLs news.ntli.net free newsserver, which i'm using now.

Steve Terry

From: address is valid.

Cheers

Alex

--

Alex Brown
Senior Product Manager
Product Management, Virgin Media

Well Alex,

I'm peed off with being forced to ring an 0870 number ( which is chargeable
to my NTL (Vrigin media) account as a non-geographic number - excluded by
my 24/7 talk package thru NTL/Vrigin Media) when my query could easily be
dealt with by email at no cost to me but all I get is a fob off to my emails
inanely citing the whole of the DPA 1998 as the excuse for not dealing with
me by email.

Below is the load of nonsense that I get from the
addy when I ask them why I'm still paying £24.49 pcm for a 1 MB ADSL NTL
Freedom product which Vrigin media (NTL as now absorbed) currently sell
identically at £19.99 pcm with speeds upto 8MB if line supports :-

"Dear Mr ======

Thanks for your email.

Unfortunately we are unable to disclose any account-specific information via
email due to the Data Protection Act 1998.

If you'd like to call our customer support line, please use the following
number:

08700 151515 (8am - 8pm Mon - Fri & 9am - 6pm Sat and Sun)

Calls to this number are charged at national rate.

Many Thanks,

Freedom Support Team"

My point therefore being that now I'm a Vrigin Media customer, my package
should cost me 19.99 pcm and with the top speed my line supports upto 8MB -
and I'm blowed if I'm gonna hang on an 0870 line for an age discussing this
with Vrigin/NTL.

(Unless of course anyone's got a geographic for 08700 151515? Nothing that I
could find on SAYNOTO0870).

Scrooge Chris

Old February 12th 07, 11:21 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mike

"Steve Terry" wrote in message

"Keith" wrote in message
Trying to contact Virgin re poor connection speeds and the remote
assistance button on the customer services help page to chat to tech
reps seems to be missing.Cant contact them by e mail as when you click on
send nothing happens.God I thought Plusnet was poor for customer
service but Virgin seem to be even worse.It looks like the service has
gone tits up since the tie up with NTL.For anyone thinking about moving
to Virgin from another provider think again.As soon as my contract is up
in 9 months I'm off back to Plusnet

Virgin ADSLmax package 2 does OK for me, gets a bit slow late afternoon/
early evening, but late evening i get around 6 Mbps, and it allows me to
use
NTLs news.ntli.net free newsserver, which i'm using now.

Steve Terry

I get up to 6.4Mbps through the morning but just checked it at 170Kbps this
evening. I am 400 metres from exchange but neighbour with BT a mile away
gets about 7Mbps most of the time. I signed up for option 1 with Virgin a
couple of months ago after being with NTL dialup for a good few years. Only
giving it a few more weeks before biting the financial bullet and moving to
BT unless anyone can advise me of a better all in package. Not that I am a
fan of BT with their call centres but they are giving a far better service
than Virgin just now.

Mick

Old February 13th 07, 02:09 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Cullen Skink

"Steve Terry" wrote in message

Virgin ADSLmax package 2 does OK for me, gets a bit slow late
afternoon/
early evening, but late evening i get around 6 Mbps, and it allows me
to use
NTLs news.ntli.net free newsserver, which i'm using now.

Is it better than text.news.virgin.net?

Old February 13th 07, 02:09 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
inbits

"2de" wrote in message

I'm peed off with being forced to ring an 0870 number

Just the point I made a few days ago to a Virgin rep, their cock-up meant
they had mischarged me which I was lucky enough to notice. A call to 0870
number and apologies recieved. Fairy nuff, refund letter received several
days later stating cheque enclosed........er letter enclosed but no cheque.
Hence another call to 0870 number to point out mischarged in the first
placed and now having to pay, by ringing 0870, for another Virgin mistake.
Grrrrrrrrr.

Sean

Old February 13th 07, 03:18 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Steve Terry

"Cullen Skink" wrote in message

"Steve Terry" wrote in message

Virgin ADSLmax package 2 does OK for me, gets a bit slow late afternoon/
early evening, but late evening i get around 6 Mbps, and it allows me to
use
NTLs news.ntli.net free newsserver, which i'm using now.

Is it better than text.news.virgin.net?

I would say so, NTL have about half a dozen hosted newsservers,
text.news.virgin.net is one of them, they do not all have
the same performance

Steve Terry