ISP who DO NOT throttle ports

Old February 12th 07, 11:33 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
diy-newby

Default ISP who DO NOT throttle ports

Hi

I am currently with Pipex, been with them for almost 4 years now. They have
started to throttle ports on p2p software such as utorrent. Only get 20kb/s
download from a 2mb connection.
I am contemplating moving to Sky BB. Anyone know if Sky throttle ports to
cap download speeds?

Or, know of any other ISP who do not throttle ports to slowdown p2p
downloads.

Thanks in advance.

Old February 13th 07, 12:32 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gaz

[email protected] wrote:
"diy-newby" wrote in message
Hi

I am currently with Pipex, been with them for almost 4 years now. They
have started to throttle ports on p2p software such as utorrent. Only
get
20kb/s download from a 2mb connection.
I am contemplating moving to Sky BB. Anyone know if Sky throttle ports
cap download speeds?

not yet

I agree, i get full speed on all the ports i have tried.... They do reserve
the right to serious traffic management though, with implied threats that
heavy users will all get dumped on to the same **** slow pipe.

Gaz

Old February 13th 07, 07:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bob Eager

On Tue, 13 Feb 2007 18:35:59 UTC, "Gaz" wrote:

AAISP.

ROFL. They have absurdly low usage amounts

Applied only during office hours, and with an 'overdraft' facility.

http://www.voipinside.net
Old February 13th 07, 09:28 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
ale.cx

On Feb 13, 6:35 pm, "Gaz" wrote:
Tx2 wrote:
In article , diy-newby
of , felt we'd be interested in the following...

Hi

I am currently with Pipex, been with them for almost 4 years now. They
have
started to throttle ports on p2p software such as utorrent. Only get
20kb/s
download from a 2mb connection.
I am contemplating moving to Sky BB. Anyone know if Sky throttle ports
cap download speeds?

Or, know of any other ISP who do not throttle ports to slowdown p2p
downloads.

AAISP.

ROFL. They have absurdly low usage amounts, and extremely high prices......
Quick customer service though, not sure if it is worth the massive premium
though.

Given that almost all ISPs are paying the same money to BT for their
Centrals and their IPStreams, any price differentials are only ever
going to be accidental. If you find an ISP who re-sells BT and are
cheap, keep quiet about it! Who knows, maybe the advent of TV over IP
will bring about a change in the pricing structure of broadband.

alexd

Old February 13th 07, 09:40 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

"Tx2" wrote in message
T...

AAISP.

Only ISPs that have their own pipes can give a guarantee.
BT can't afford to have an ISPs customers screwing up other users.
BT can throttle a connection and reserve the right to do so if they need to.

Old February 13th 07, 10:32 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gaz

ale.cx wrote:
On Feb 13, 6:35 pm, "Gaz" wrote:
Tx2 wrote:
[...]

uhm lets look at their pricing:

Max service, 1gb download limit 18.99
max service, 3gb download limit 26.99
max service, 5gb download limit 34.99
max service, 8gb download limit 46.99
plus a 50 connection charge.

That pricing is completely off the wall as far as market prices.

I must have downloaded close to 150gb this month on my llu sky max service,
it cost me 10 a month, with aaisp i would pay 214.99 a month, and that
would only cover a third.

Gaz