Anyone fancy a Google bomb?

Old February 13th 07, 09:56 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Adam

Default Anyone fancy a Google bomb?

Hi Everyone

My patience is wearing very thin with BT, who have twice disconnected
our ADSL connection "by mistake" since we moved office last month. The
first time it was off for about 4 days, and the latest time we've been
told there is no way of switching it back on again and will have to
wait for a brand new ADSL provision, which for some inexplicable
reason takes 5 working days.

I've been wondering how to get my own back on BT, and while the
thought of visiting their headquarters armed with a big machine gun
seemed very tempting, chances are I'd end up being locked up for it.

So although it's not nearly as satisfying, I thought it might be fun
to make BT the number 1 hit on Google for the phrase "incompetent
fools". I've made a start at http://www.dianthus.co.uk/contact.htm. If
anyone wants to join me, that would be great!

BTW, if anyone isn't familiar with the concept of Googble bombing, see
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Google_bomb.

BW

Adam

Old February 13th 07, 11:11 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
systemtek

On 13 Feb, 08:56, "Adam" wrote:
[...]

How funny ! You obviously have not thought this one out very well, If
it was top rated for that keyword i can bet you any money people would
type that and goto the BT site (just what BT want people to do - visit
there site) have a wonder around and maybe buy something ! If you did
this to my company and got me more visitors i would consider paying
you ! Some companys have been known to do this themselves to promote
there site more.

Old February 14th 07, 08:40 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Adam

On 13 Feb, 22:11, "systemtek" wrote:

How funny ! You obviously have not thought this one out very well, If
it was top rated for that keyword i can bet you any money people would
type that and goto the BT site (just what BT want people to do - visit
there site) have a wonder around and maybe buy something ! If you did
this to my company and got me more visitors i would consider paying
you ! Some companys have been known to do this themselves to promote
there site more.

Fair point, but I suspect that's only an issue for companies that a
lot of people have never heard of. BT don't need to rely on people
visiting their website to generate business. The fact that they are to
all intents and purposes a monopoly does a pretty good job for them.

Sure, it won't actually make my internet connection come back or
achieve anything remotely useful if BT becomes the number one Google
hit for "incompetent fools", but it will make me feel better!

Adam