Old May 24th 17, 07:10 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
R. Mark Clayton[_2_]

Default Bhtee still running around with fake fibre advertising

On Wednesday, 24 May 2017 18:58:50 UTC+1, 7 wrote:
R. Mark Clayton wrote:

R. Mark Clayton wrote:

Bhtee still running around with fake fibre advertising

SNIP
Yes I am sure - you could not even install fibre in a commercial premises
(who might make genuine use of gigabit Ethernet)

There goes a troll about to define what a genuine use of gigabit Ethernet
is.

Previously tried to define what 100k broadband genuine use is with
a 9600 baud modem in hand.

Ah yes I remember transfer eprom images to the USA using [then rare and expensive] 9600 baud modems in 1983 - took hours and cost $$$.

These days it would take seconds and have marginal cost of zero.

So what use has a residential user have for gigabit Ethernet then? 4k video needs about 40Mbps, so FTTC is adequate for most domestic installations. I suppose you could download a film in a minute or two and watch it later...

Proof birth control doesn't work on trolls.

where a fibre cable
passes a metre away in the street outside - I checked remember...

No you don't remember.