Such a device if anyone knows, please

Old February 13th 07, 12:34 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.telecom.voip,uk.telecom

Default Such a device if anyone knows, please

Intermediary to 2 independent phone line.
Caller calls a number of line A, the connected device allows the
caller to dial a number of line B.

On 12 Feb, 08:45, Colin Wilson wrote:
If you can get caller ID off the first phone, you could probably rig up
an app on a computer to do what you want without too much trouble...

Where this might cause problems is if the caller on A is behind a PABX
that doesn't hand out a caller ID (like ours in work) or the
presentation number is a generic number, not that of the caller.

Thank you Colin for the suggestion.

This would I suppose require some sort of internal card with 2 phone
ports and the application.

If so could you please tell me what make of card should do this and
what sort of software application will have to be written?

It should be OK my cross posting this to uk.telecom.voip and
uk.telecom.

Regards,
DMJoshi

Old February 13th 07, 07:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.telecom.voip,uk.telecom
ale.cx

On Feb 13, 12:34 pm, wrote:
Intermediary to 2 independent phone line.
Caller calls a number of line A, the connected device allows the
caller to dial a number of line B.

On 12 Feb, 08:45, Colin Wilson wrote:

If you can get caller ID off the first phone, you could probably rig up
an app on a computer to do what you want without too much trouble...

Where this might cause problems is if the caller on A is behind a PABX
that doesn't hand out a caller ID (like ours in work) or the
presentation number is a generic number, not that of the caller.

Thank you Colin for the suggestion.

This would I suppose require some sort of internal card with 2
phone ports and the application.

If so could you please tell me what make of card should do this and
what sort of software application will have to be written?

I'm not 100% sure if this will be any help to you, but...from what
you've written, my interpretation is that you want people who call in
on line A to be able to call out on line B, and both lines terminate
on the same bit of equipment. And the definition of this bit of
equipment is what you're asking for help with.

My advice [as usual] is that Asterisk can do what you want, if my
interpretation above is correct. If it's two analogue lines we're
talking about, you could do a proof of concept with 2 x X101p cards.
If all you need is a number to accept an incoming call on, and a way
of getting the call back out, this can be done with a couple of IP
trunks.

alexd

Old February 20th 07, 04:28 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.telecom.voip,uk.telecom
fa103

On 13 Feb, 12:34, wrote:
[...]

Dear DM Joshi

Indeed there is a device. www.connexin.co.uk sell for 39.99 its a
sophisticated ATA with Hop on Hop Off service meaning... you get 2
lines.. you ring one, enter a pin and dial out over the other. For
more info contact

Hope that helps.