Changing I.P. nonsense?

Old February 14th 07, 12:33 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Default Changing I.P. nonsense?

Pun Krocker wrote:
Hi,

I made a post here a few weeks ago asking if it was possible to trace
an I.P. address back to the user as someone was being a pest in a
website guestbook:
Anyway I just blocked the I.P. from the guestbook and all was quiet,
tonight they have started trying to be a smart ass again and I just
blocked the I.P. they then sent another message saying I cannot stop
them as they have hundreds of I.P. addresses, both numbers they used
did trace to different ISP's.

How is it possible they can do this? The guestbook is moderated now
because of them, but I cannot even block the rubbish they are sending
now as they have this I.P. trick?

cheers

Going through various proxies.