BT Total Broadband option 1

Old February 14th 07, 03:34 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Abertech

Default BT Total Broadband option 1

Hi, Anybody here a BT customer? I'm thinking of getting this on a 12
month contract. 5GB per month is plenty and it seems like they provide
a proper modem, not a usb 'frog'.

If anyone has called technical support, was it a UK call centre or
abroad?
Any general opinions on BT broadband?

Thanks.

Old February 14th 07, 06:28 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
JC

"Abertech" wrote in message

Hi, Anybody here a BT customer? I'm thinking of getting this on a 12
month contract. 5GB per month is plenty and it seems like they provide
a proper modem, not a usb 'frog'.

If anyone has called technical support, was it a UK call centre or
abroad?
Any general opinions on BT broadband?

I set option 1 up for a friend lately with no problems after the router
finally turned up. (It got lost in the post for a week) I rang the support
number a couple of times to try to locate the lost router and got local
support (Northen Ireland operator, thats where I live) The router will be
pre-confiqured and is pretty much plug in and go. Downloads speeds were
good, and if you are happy with the package then I'd say go for it. IIRC its
cheaper if you take out an 19 month contract.

John

Old February 14th 07, 06:32 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Keith Willcocks

"JC" wrote in message

"Abertech" wrote in message

Hi, Anybody here a BT customer? I'm thinking of getting this on a 12
month contract. 5GB per month is plenty and it seems like they provide
a proper modem, not a usb 'frog'.

If anyone has called technical support, was it a UK call centre or
abroad?
Any general opinions on BT broadband?

I set option 1 up for a friend lately with no problems after the router
finally turned up. (It got lost in the post for a week) I rang the support
number a couple of times to try to locate the lost router and got local
support (Northen Ireland operator, thats where I live) The router will be
pre-confiqured and is pretty much plug in and go. Downloads speeds were
good, and if you are happy with the package then I'd say go for it. IIRC
its cheaper if you take out an 19 month contract.

The home hub (router) works fine and reliability is excellent. I have
never had a problem in 5 years but if you do, the support is in India.
--
Keith Willcocks

Old February 14th 07, 08:24 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mike

"Keith Willcocks" wrote in message

"JC" wrote in message

"Abertech" wrote in message

Hi, Anybody here a BT customer? I'm thinking of getting this on a 12
month contract. 5GB per month is plenty and it seems like they provide
a proper modem, not a usb 'frog'.

If anyone has called technical support, was it a UK call centre or
abroad?
Any general opinions on BT broadband?

I tried to sign up with BT but couldn't as their call centre staff had
trouble believing it would work even though they had just spent tens of
thousands of pounds to do our island exchange. I went with Virgin and was
the first online by over a month. The others after weeks of BT switching it
on and then off again as they said it shouldn;t be working, eventually got
it swiyched on and left on.
They get 6500/7000mb/s whilst with Virgin I get up to 6200mb/s early in the
day and down to 150kb/s later in the day.
So I would say if you want a UK based call centre then go Virginmedia but if
you want a good connection go with BT. That's who I will go with when my 12
months with Virgin are up.

Old February 14th 07, 09:48 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dev

"JC" wrote in message

"Abertech" wrote in message

[...]

I wouldn't bother going with any company that has a call centre with people
that do not speak in a UK accent. It's far too much trouble. If a company
has a call centre in India or in the UK with non UK accents then I ditch
them immediately until they get the message. Clear communication is
required as poor communication ruins sales and drives people away giving the
company a bad name.

Old February 15th 07, 12:30 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Charlie Mitchell

I wouldn't bother going with any company that has a call centre with people
that do not speak in a UK accent. It's far too much trouble. If a company
has a call centre in India or in the UK with non UK accents then I ditch
them immediately until they get the message. Clear communication is
required as poor communication ruins sales and drives people away giving the
company a bad name.

I totally agree, it's not just that though, I always end up
feeling totally exhausted after speaking to these damn indian
call centres, you have to spell every single simple thing, you
have to repeat everything constantly, the phone lines are
terrible as well, there's always that delay where you end up
talking over each other, and last but not least, why do almost
ALL indians start every sentence with actually?