PlusNet Telephone

Old February 14th 07, 07:21 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Retired

Default PlusNet Telephone

I've got PlusNet as my broadband ISP and personally have no problems with
them.
Its probably not the right place to ask, but has anyone any experience of
their phone service?
Does anyone know of a comparison site or newsgroup for non BT phone
services?
Thanks

Retired

Old February 14th 07, 08:29 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
NoNeedToKnow

On 14 Feb 2007, "Retired" wrote:

Its probably not the right place to ask, but has anyone any experience of
their phone service?

Might be worth checking over on the PUG Forum (you need to register to post
at http://usergroup.plus.net/forum/ )

Does anyone know of a comparison site or newsgroup for non BT phone services?

Gulp. There's a lot of competition about. One place you could start, to
see the range of companies/offerings is at the Magenta Systems site over
at http://www.magsys.co.uk/ which has several pages listing most (if
not all) of the firms.

The big question (which might be better considered in uk.telecom) would need
to be "given my mix of calls.... XX minutes to UK 01/02, YY minutes to UK
mobiles, and ZZ minutes to international destinations", which 'all in one'
calls package would be best. For example, some services do include some
international minutes, many don't, but claim to offer unlimited 01/02 calls
for a fixed price of 6 to 10 pounds a month... Next question is whether the
calls you make each month might be just as easily covered by using something
like 1899.com at a cost of 5p per call (0p/minute for 01/02 destinations).

Other options might include Voice over IP (see uk.telecom.voip) but that's
down to personal opinion as to whether it suits your needs. Personally I
prefer to be able to just dial a prefix and make my call, not worry about
ADSL being on and reliable, and not worry about having any hardware or s/w
for VoIP to work properly. Others seem extraordinarily keen, and there is
a whole newsgroup dedicated to the subject now (one I avoid completely :-)

For example, my bills amount to perhaps 3 pounds every couple of months, but
if I was paying for some 'included calls package' I might be paying 5.99/mth
to Eclipse or 7.99 to Tiscali (or some fee to another ISP/telecom service).

PS Angus (who runs Magenta Systems) posts around the beginning of the month
in uk.telecom with the latest changes in the industry. HTH.
Old February 15th 07, 08:40 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Eeyore

Retired wrote:

I've got PlusNet as my broadband ISP and personally have no problems with
them.
Its probably not the right place to ask, but has anyone any experience of
their phone service?

No because after the fiasco with their LLU service when they literally never
answered the phone I wouldn't even have dreamt of using them for a phone servive
and I suggest you don't either.

Graham

Old February 15th 07, 09:32 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PlusNet Support Team

Eeyore wrote:

Retired wrote:

I've got PlusNet as my broadband ISP and personally have no problems with
them.
Its probably not the right place to ask, but has anyone any experience of
their phone service?

No because after the fiasco with their LLU service when they literally never
answered the phone I wouldn't even have dreamt of using them for a phone servive
and I suggest you don't either.

Things have changed a lot since then Graham. Our average call waiting
time yesterday was 1.07 mins.

For anyone wanting the real time info though, it's he-
http://portal.plus.net/supportpages....c=rhm_cscstats

Kind Rgds,

--
+------ PlusNet - The smarter way to Internet! ------
Old February 15th 07, 02:54 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Eeyore

PlusNet Support Team wrote:

Eeyore wrote:
Retired wrote:

I've got PlusNet as my broadband ISP and personally have no problems with
them. Its probably not the right place to ask, but has anyone any experience

of their phone service?

No because after the fiasco with their LLU service when they literally never
answered the phone I wouldn't even have dreamt of using them for a phone servive

and I suggest you don't either.

Things have changed a lot since then Graham. Our average call waiting
time yesterday was 1.07 mins.

I'm pleased to hear that. I'd expect no less. Any customer *ought* to be able to talk
to a representative within say 30 secs of waiting IMHO.

Do you want to know how many times I held on the phone and didn't get a human answer
me after even 30 minutes ?

You guys were appalling ! Worst of all you blamed it on everone else and we know
that's not true.

Graham

Old February 15th 07, 03:12 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Eeyore

PlusNet Support Team wrote:

Eeyore wrote:

No because after the fiasco with their LLU service when they literally never
answered the phone I wouldn't even have dreamt of using them for a phone servive

and I suggest you don't either.

Things have changed a lot since then Graham. Our average call waiting
time yesterday was 1.07 mins.

Why wasn't it back then though ?

You guys were for all practical purposes uncontactable.

Furthermore, your lines 'accepted' the calls, yet there was no-one to talk to us and
you put us 'on hold'. So we were paying for a call that was never answered.

I'm not going to forget that.

I'm also not going to forget that you offered my a refund of 1 month's subscription
when I had to undergo *2* months of utterly crappy service.

Basically you had the opportunity to say '"sorry we eff'd up" but no, you still had to
screw that up too !

Sorry Bob, but until you guys refund me at least £50, I'll be on your case. Your
company ****ed me over.

Graham

Old February 15th 07, 03:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jim Guthrie

On Thu, 15 Feb 2007 15:12:54 +0000, Eeyore
wrote:

Sorry Bob, but until you guys refund me at least £50, I'll be on your case. Your
company ****ed me over.

How do you work out the £50?

Drop the amount a bit and some of us might might be tempted to chip in
to shut you up on the matter. Get over it It wasn't as big a deal
as you would like to make it out to be.

Jim.
Old February 15th 07, 03:48 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PlusNet Support Team

Eeyore wrote:

PlusNet Support Team wrote:

Eeyore wrote:
[...]

Being on my case won't get you anywhere really though will it?

I understand you had problems and IIRC I think I may well have extended
offers of help when you were with us.

Regarding what happened 'back then' though, there have been a multitude
of announcements, posts and progress reports in the community regarding
why we ****ed up (and yes we did admit it).

Some stuff is he-
http://www.plus.net/features/news/index.shtml?home=news

Now where did I put that thread about our phone service

Rgds,

Old February 15th 07, 04:53 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter Crosland

wrote:

Sorry Bob, but until you guys refund me at least £50, I'll be on
your case. Your company ****ed me over.

How do you work out the £50?

Drop the amount a bit and some of us might might be tempted to chip in
to shut you up on the matter. Get over it It wasn't as big a deal
as you would like to make it out to be.

It is best to ignore him Jim. I doubt he will ever get over it.

Peter Crosland