Old July 11th 17, 02:07 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Henry Law

Default Newbie confusion over too many DHCP server and firewalls

On 11/07/17 09:27, Richard Treen (aka Mike Halmarack) wrote:
So, I'm less than 100% sure whether the DHCP server which is enabled
by default on the modem, is necessary for modem purposes, or is just
an obsolete artifact of the Vigor 130's modem/router version.

I've had a quick look at the manuals and, as you say, they're really
confusing. One that I saw suggests that you can turn off the DHCP
server in the "modem"; have you tried that and if so what happens?

--
Henry Law n e w s @ l a w s h o u s e . o r g
Manchester, England