Old July 15th 17, 12:43 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Theo[_2_]

Default Swapping DSL routers

Graham J wrote:
Hope this helps.

Thanks all. So it sounds like any new connection is going to require the
user:

a) knowing what the heck the login credentials are, since typically the ISP
doesn't tell you
b) knowing how to configure them in the router

That's annoying. The reason I ask is that it's a pain these days to
reconfigure all the wifi devices you have when changing ISP. I had hoped
you could just move an existing router to a new connection, but it seems
not. The alternative is knowing how to change the new ISP's router's SSID
and key to match the existing one.

All of these happen when there's not enough internet connection to be able
to use a remote access tool, at least if there's no ethernet computer
accessible. I suppose a Raspberry Pi or something with an auto-connecting
VPN tunnel might be a worth a try.

Theo