Old July 15th 17, 08:45 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Woody

Default Swapping DSL routers

"Theo" wrote in message
Graham J wrote:
Hope this helps.

Thanks all. So it sounds like any new connection is going to
require the
user:

a) knowing what the heck the login credentials are, since typically
the ISP
doesn't tell you
b) knowing how to configure them in the router

That's annoying. The reason I ask is that it's a pain these days to
reconfigure all the wifi devices you have when changing ISP. I had
hoped
you could just move an existing router to a new connection, but it
seems
not. The alternative is knowing how to change the new ISP's
router's SSID
and key to match the existing one.

All of these happen when there's not enough internet connection to
be able
to use a remote access tool, at least if there's no ethernet
computer
accessible. I suppose a Raspberry Pi or something with an
auto-connecting
VPN tunnel might be a worth a try.

Curiously, TT Tech Support in their POBroadband guise will tell you
the username and password if asked.

--
Woody

harrogate3 at ntlworld dot com