Old July 17th 17, 12:26 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.comp.homebuilt
Andy Furniss

Default How many subnets in a typical McDonalds?

Adrian Caspersz wrote:
If I wander in there with n devices connected to their wifi, can the
interfaces talk to each other as well as the net?

I think they would use client isolation on their access point which
probably works at mac level rather than IP.

I'm hoping the answer is no... as I'm dreaming up a shared internet
facility trying to keep student users roughly isolated on a simple
switch (no VLAN support).

Not wireless then? So they won't really be isolated if one of them wants
to subvert your set up.

Current plan is multiple DHCP leases, all individually on their own
local lan subnets, each subnet connected to the internet but nowhere
else.
Does anyone do an out-of-the-box software build for this DHCP that
runs on a rPI? Extra points if it has a nice GUI....

... or I'll have to sit down and script one for DNSmasq