SLOW NAMESCO

Old February 15th 07, 08:42 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dave Boomhauer

Default SLOW NAMESCO

Is it only me??

I moved from PlusNet to hopefully get a better service and namesco is
rubbish in my opinion.

It's slow.........so slow in the evenings...and this is when I need to
bloody use their service as I'm in from work then!

according to thinkbroadband.com namesco comes up one of the top.......I
might just go with Sky. they are cheap and I'm sure my service can't get any
worse with them compared to namesco at the moment.....

Old February 16th 07, 10:14 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tamale-Loco

"Dave Boomhauer" wrote in message
Is it only me??

I moved from PlusNet to hopefully get a better service and namesco is rubbish in my
opinion.

It's slow.........so slow in the evenings...and this is when I need to bloody use their
service as I'm in from work then!

according to thinkbroadband.com namesco comes up one of the top.......I might just go
with Sky. they are cheap and I'm sure my service can't get any worse with them compared
to namesco at the moment.....

Congested pipes and talk of traffic shaping when the new one(s?) come onstream
I think i will be looking towards Be Unlimited myself soon

T-L

Old February 16th 07, 10:19 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Steve Pearce

On Thu, 15 Feb 2007 20:42:45 -0000, "Dave Boomhauer"
wrote:

Is it only me??

I moved from PlusNet to hopefully get a better service and namesco is
rubbish in my opinion.

It's slow.........so slow in the evenings...and this is when I need to
bloody use their service as I'm in from work then!

It's not just you, see:

http://ndousers.com/viewforum.php?id=1

My connection has been unusable most of the time for a month or more,
Namesco are promising that extra capacity will be added within a week;
however I'm not convinced this is going to solve the problems. They
are also talking about implenting traffic shaping.