SIPGATE and Incoming Numbers

Old February 15th 07, 09:36 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Cardiff IT Support Ltd

Default SIPGATE and Incoming Numbers

Hi,

I have been using a sipgate incoming number for well over a year now. I
send all my calls out via various providers but sipgate isn't one of them.

I feel that a free number for life is too good to be true, especially
when I don't spend any money with them.

In my opinion I am taking the mic, and if I was sipgate I would have a
word with me.

Does anyone have any ideas regarding the security of numbers with sipgate?

---
Sean Browne
Cardiff IT Support Ltd
www.cardiffitsupport.com
Old February 15th 07, 09:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

on 15/02/2007, Cardiff IT Support Ltd supposed :
Hi,

I have been using a sipgate incoming number for well over a year now. I send
all my calls out via various providers but sipgate isn't one of them.

I feel that a free number for life is too good to be true, especially when I
don't spend any money with them.

In my opinion I am taking the mic, and if I was sipgate I would have a word
with me.

Does anyone have any ideas regarding the security of numbers with sipgate?

Do you not feel compelled to at least deposit a tenner or something
into your account?

Certainly, they are under no obligation to continue to offer the
service for free.

Old February 15th 07, 10:01 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Cardiff IT Support Ltd

Do you not feel compelled to at least deposit a tenner or something into
your account?

Certainly, they are under no obligation to continue to offer the service
for free.

There is a few quid on there but for the purpose of the question, there
might not have been. I have not yet read / heard that incoming numbers
are more secure if you have a positive balance I was just wondering if
anyone here had any facts as I am not one for reading small print.

Thanks,

---
Sean Browne
Cardiff IT Support Ltd
www.cardiffitsupport.com
Old February 15th 07, 10:28 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Pete @ www.GymRatZ.co.uk

Cardiff IT Support Ltd wrote:

Do you not feel compelled to at least deposit a tenner or something
into your account?

Certainly, they are under no obligation to continue to offer the
service for free.

I had a couple of numbers set-up when I first started using voip both at
home and work.

Whether I was just unfortunate with timing I don't know, but the
incoming call quality was so hit & miss I stopped using them and went to
voipfone Since no calls have been going through the numbers all the
sipgate accounts refuse to register with my draytek.

I suppose I could try setting up another account and see what happens.
If call quality is reliable I would even be happy to deposit a 10r into
their coffers... (Last time I tried even giving them money was
impossible to do on the web-site)

--
http://www.GymRatZ.co.uk - Gym Equipment,Fitness Equipment,Supplements
http://www.water-rower.co.uk - Uk's leading WaterRower retailer
Old February 15th 07, 11:40 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

J Clavox formulated on Thursday :
On Thu, 15 Feb 2007 21:47:45 GMT, Jono
wrote:

Do you not feel compelled to at least deposit a tenner or something
into your account?

Anyone with any sense will not give money to anyone unless they are
forced to do so and get a good deal from doing so and Sipgate just
don't fit in into this category .
Fools and their money are soon parted .

Why the name change M/N.Dexter?

Old February 16th 07, 12:41 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
RH

"Cardiff IT Support Ltd" wrote in message
Hi,

I have been using a sipgate incoming number for well over a year now. I
send all my calls out via various providers but sipgate isn't one of them.

I feel that a free number for life is too good to be true, especially when
I don't spend any money with them.

In my opinion I am taking the mic, and if I was sipgate I would have a
word with me.

Does anyone have any ideas regarding the security of numbers with sipgate?

I had just this thought about 6 months ago, having a nice free local number
is great for when
the use is not critical, but for business use last thing anyone needs is a
bad line or for the provider to go
belly up and lose my number.

By paying monthly for my number I am hoping the company has more money to
reinvest and stay solvent.unlike
some other VOIP providers

Voipfone quality is always superb, and the fallover to PSTN means you never
have to lose a call.

I get the impression sipgate is not bothered about the UK market, the
website and features never seem to change.

Old February 16th 07, 01:15 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Pete @ www.GymRatZ.co.uk

RH wrote:

Voipfone quality is always superb, and the fallover to PSTN means you never
have to lose a call.

We have been using voipfone since the new-year a few hiccups for one day
when audio was only going one way or the other and pstn fall over didn't
cut in, but a 1.99 / month/number is a small price to pay.

On a tangent... does their fax2email service work very well?
I have just added a free 0870 number to the account. Our fax is mainly
used for outgoing faxes but it would be nice to know the service works well.

Cheers
Pete
Old February 16th 07, 02:15 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"Cardiff IT Support Ltd"
wrote in message

Hi,

I have been using a sipgate incoming number for well over
a year now. I send all my calls out via various
providers but sipgate isn't one of them.
I feel that a free number for life is too good to be
true, especially when I don't spend any money with them.

In my opinion I am taking the mic, and if I was sipgate I
would have a word with me.

Does anyone have any ideas regarding the security of
numbers with sipgate?

They reserve the right to disconnect a number, but AFAIK have never done
so. A friend has had one for 2 years with no credit on it, he uses it to
call me and that's about it, it's still there.

Ivor

Old February 16th 07, 02:17 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

wrote:

Do you not feel compelled to at least deposit a tenner
or something into your account?

Anyone with any sense will not give money to anyone
unless they are forced to do so and get a good deal from
doing so and Sipgate just don't fit in into this category
.
Fools and their money are soon parted .

Do shut up Ron, there's a good boy.

Yawn...

Ivor

Old February 16th 07, 02:17 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

wrote:

Do you not feel compelled to at least deposit a
tenner or something into your account?

Anyone with any sense will not give money to anyone
unless they are forced to do so and get a good deal
from doing so and Sipgate just don't fit in into this
category . Fools and their money are soon parted .

Why the name change M/N.Dexter?

Perhaps his last ISP finally saw sense and kicked him off..?!

Ivor