ezeedsl, e7even, 186k - any info?

Old February 16th 07, 02:18 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Default ezeedsl, e7even, 186k - any info?

Hi all,
I moved to ezeedsl when e7even went £$%^
So far the service has been okay.

However, last week the 'news' server started asking for authentication
(never needed this before) and it didn't like any combinations of
username/pwd I tried.

More worryingly the 0871 240 11 22 number listed on ezeedsl's web-site
just gives me a continuous tone.
I've had no reply to the email I sent to ezeedsl support (other than
an auto-reply)

I've since found that the news server used to map to
giganews (hurrah)
and they've now pointed us at
freenews.netfront.net (bugger)

Anyone have info on what's going on?

I guess I'll need to think about getting my MAC or switching to NTL
once my 12 months is up!

Old February 16th 07, 03:16 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mel

wrote in message ...
Hi all,
I moved to ezeedsl when e7even went £$%^
So far the service has been okay.

However, last week the 'news' server started asking for authentication
(never needed this before) and it didn't like any combinations of
username/pwd I tried.

More worryingly the 0871 240 11 22 number listed on ezeedsl's web-site
just gives me a continuous tone.
I've had no reply to the email I sent to ezeedsl support (other than
an auto-reply)

I've since found that the news server used to map to
giganews (hurrah)
and they've now pointed us at
freenews.netfront.net (bugger)

Anyone have info on what's going on?

There's a fairly active ezeedsl user forum on www.ispreview.co.uk
Hopefully one of the users or the ezee rep will be able to help, if not
there was a thread about a new official ezee support forum.

I guess I'll need to think about getting my MAC or switching to NTL
once my 12 months is up!

Given the way ezeee recruit customers I think that's a good idea!

Old February 21st 07, 09:53 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

On Fri, 16 Feb 2007 15:16:02 -0000, "Mel"
wrote:

wrote in message ...
[...]

Well news is working again - and via GIGANEWS again.

Just have the 'ever-so-slight' problem that I can't get to google, but
most other web sites are okay.
(and the 0871 240 11 22 number still doesn't work!)

To be honest, if they fix the google problem I'd stay with them.

Old February 22nd 07, 11:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

ezeedsl have fixed the, rather odd, problem where we couldn't connect
to google.

For anyone else having problems it seems the best place for reporting
them to ezeedsl etc.. is at

http://forum.186k.co.uk

HTH