"Use BTinternet address not BTopenworld"

Old February 16th 07, 03:31 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
kim

Default "Use BTinternet address not BTopenworld"

A friend used to have a BT Internet address but for as long as I can
remember has been using BT Openworld to send and receive emails using
Outlook Express. Over the last 24 hours he has been able to read emails sent
to BT Openworld but unable to post from there. He called New Delhi (or
wherever their helpline is) and they told him to go back to using his BT
Internet address which he has now done.

He has not changed accounts recently or installed any program updates (he
wouldn't know how) but he has now had to notify everyone of the change to
his email addresss.

Does any of that make sense? Has anyone else had a similar experience?

(kim)

Old February 16th 07, 03:48 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
ian

On Friday 16 February 2007 3:31 pm, in MID
, kim )
wrote:

A friend used to have a BT Internet address but for as long as I can
remember has been using BT Openworld to send and receive emails using
Outlook Express. Over the last 24 hours he has been able to read emails
sent to BT Openworld but unable to post from there. He called New Delhi
(or wherever their helpline is) and they told him to go back to using his
BT Internet address which he has now done.

He has not changed accounts recently or installed any program updates (he
wouldn't know how) but he has now had to notify everyone of the change to
his email addresss.

He doesn't.

btinternet.com and btopenworld.com addresses are interchangeable. ie email
sent to and will both arrive
in the same POP3 maildrop.
--
Ian...
Old February 16th 07, 04:42 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
R. Mark Clayton

"kim" wrote in message
A friend used to have a BT Internet address but for as long as I can
remember has been using BT Openworld to send and receive emails using
Outlook Express. Over the last 24 hours he has been able to read emails
sent
to BT Openworld but unable to post from there. He called New Delhi (or
wherever their helpline is) and they told him to go back to using his BT
Internet address which he has now done.

He has not changed accounts recently or installed any program updates (he
wouldn't know how) but he has now had to notify everyone of the change to
his email addresss.

Does any of that make sense? Has anyone else had a similar experience?

(kim)

There has definitely been a problem during the last 72 hours. Password
verification on the POP3 email server has been erratic.

To add to the fun the routing of queries to their support is malfunctioning
so if you send to , you get a reply from
, telling you to email the former (and so on
for several cycles).

Old February 16th 07, 05:15 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
kim

Thanks to both. I shall pass the information on to my friend.

(kim)