Tiscali says I cant get Max, but I already have it?

Old February 16th 07, 05:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Robert Fletcher

Default Tiscali says I cant get Max, but I already have it?

What is going on at Tiscali? Are they a buch of complete idiots?

My modem is currently syncing at 4776/448 with Tiscali but according to them
I cannot get ADSL Max !!

According to the BT line checker, it estimates that I should get 4.5mbps or
more.

What the heck is going on with Tiscali?

Old February 16th 07, 07:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PhilT

On Feb 16, 5:14 pm, "Robert Fletcher"
wrote:
What is going on at Tiscali? Are they a buch of complete idiots?

affirmative.

They and others, may decline to use MaxDSL on lines not rated as
suitable for 2M fixed speed, or 1M or any other factor they choose to
regard as important. BT broadband and Pipex also do this AFAIK.

Phil

Old February 16th 07, 11:51 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Robert Fletcher

oups.com...
wrote:
What is going on at Tiscali? Are they a buch of complete idiots?

affirmative.

They and others, may decline to use MaxDSL on lines not rated as
suitable for 2M fixed speed, or 1M or any other factor they choose to
regard as important. BT broadband and Pipex also do this AFAIK.

Phil

But this line does support 2M fixed:

Your exchange is ADSL enabled, and our initial test on your line indicates
that your line should be able to have an ADSL broadband service that
provides a line rate up to 2Mbps.

Our test also indicates that your line should be able to support a potential
ADSL Max broadband line rate of 4.5Mbps or greater.

Robert