Sky broadband slowdown

Old February 17th 07, 01:30 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jono

Default Sky broadband slowdown

Below are the stats from my router:

ADSL Link Downstream
Connection Speed 6870 kbps
Line Attenuation 25.0 db
Noise Margin 27.8 db

Upstream
Connection Speed 660 kbps
Line Attenuation 14.3 db
Noise Margin 12.5 db

They were originally:

ADSL Link Downstream
Connection Speed 11130 kbps
Line Attenuation 26.0 db
Noise Margin 6.6 db

Upstream
Connection Speed 764 kbps
Line Attenuation 12.8 db
Noise Margin 13.5 db

For about 7 weeks though, I've had a synch speed of 15323 and
yesterday, it all changed.

Sky's supplied router is connected via a filtered faceplate (which took
the speed from 11130 to 15323 when I installed the faceplate)

I have rebooted it repeatedly both via the web interface & by pulling
the power cord out.

Where should I look to get my 15323 speed back?

This ADSL lark's very different from cable, which is what I'm very much
more familiar with.

Old February 17th 07, 01:51 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jono

Jono has brought this to us :
[...]

Well, the 101st reboot has returned the speed to 15323!