trouble with clearwire

Old February 17th 07, 02:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
lrbtav

Default trouble with clearwire

Landlord fixed us up with a Clearwire broadband device (wireless
device that connects to the ISP) and a netgear ADSL router. The
Clearwire router works perfectly if I plug in directly via ethernet
connection. However, when I hook the clearwire up to the netgear
DG834PN wap I get a stable connection on a 85.134.x.x IP; shortly
after, maybe a minute or two, the IP changes to 192.168.0.2 and fails
to route traffic to the internet.

I can still connect to the netgear interface, but with the 192 address
I can't get to yahoo/google.

Any idea why my IP changes from public to private after two mintutes
and blocks web access to all our laptops? Clearwire won't support us,
they say since the broadband does in fact work that they can't support
a third party device like the netgear.

The landlord refuses to replace the netgear wap because according to
him he has the same setup and home and it works fine. (I thought that
maybe since it's an adsl router that that was causing the problem

ideas?