Voip providers that can spoof CID

Old February 17th 07, 06:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Dave

Default Voip providers that can spoof CID

Hello, What VOIP providers allow spoofing of CID (with an Asterisk Box) ..or
any other ideas (without Asterisk !)

Dave

Old February 17th 07, 07:36 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
ACDeag

Dave formulated the question :
Hello, What VOIP providers allow spoofing of CID (with an Asterisk Box) ..or
any other ideas (without Asterisk !)

Dave

voip.co.uk allows you to choose another CID, so long as you can prove
to them that you are entitled to it.

Old February 17th 07, 08:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

Dave has brought this to us :
Hello, What VOIP providers allow spoofing of CID (with an Asterisk Box) ..or
any other ideas (without Asterisk !)

Dave

Ah, the good old days of 1899voip - could spoof any number.

The only one I use now is voipcheap.com, however you can only present a
mobile number, that you have access to as there is a procedure to go
through with a text message/activation code.

Old February 17th 07, 10:35 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Graham

Ah, the good old days of 1899voip - could spoof any number.

That was *almost* my experience too.
I could spoof most numbers as long as they were included in the list to
use your 1899 account, but some selected ones proved impossible.
Significantly, I couldn't present my own BT landline number.

--

Graham.
%Profound_observation%

Old February 17th 07, 10:43 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

on 17/02/2007, Graham supposed :

Ah, the good old days of 1899voip - could spoof any number.

That was *almost* my experience too.
I could spoof most numbers as long as they were included in the list to
use your 1899 account, but some selected ones proved impossible.
Significantly, I couldn't present my own BT landline number.

One of the things that stopped me even trying was that if the person's
number I had spoofed actually dialled 1899xxx. I would've ended up
paying for the call.......that & it wouldn't have been legal, of
course.

Old February 18th 07, 12:33 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

On Feb 17, 6:00 pm, "Dave" wrote:
Hello, What VOIP providers allow spoofing of CID (with an Asterisk Box) ..or
any other ideas (without Asterisk !)

Dave

Try www.voipgate.com - you can set cli for any number you can receive
an incoming call to (for them to verify).

Cheers,
Mark

Old February 18th 07, 05:11 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Peter Gradwell

Dave wrote:
Hello, What VOIP providers allow spoofing of CID (with an Asterisk Box) ..or
any other ideas (without Asterisk !)

yes, we do, given the right paperwork being signed.

cheers
peter

Old February 18th 07, 07:38 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jon Farmer

Dave wrote:
Hello, What VOIP providers allow spoofing of CID (with an Asterisk Box) ..or
any other ideas (without Asterisk !)

Entacall allow it if you can prove you own the number.

Regards

Jon
Old February 19th 07, 03:42 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
PhilT

On 17 Feb, 18:00, "Dave" wrote:
Hello, What VOIP providers allow spoofing of CID (with an Asterisk Box) ..or
any other ideas (without Asterisk !)

I had a similar question asked of me - is it possible to put the CLI
of the original caller onto a call when forwarded via a SIP
provider ? From the replies so far the answer looks to be "no" as
people as concerned about ownership of numbers and pre-authorisation.
The PABX supplier says they can do it but the outcome depends on the
service provider.

The situation involved a small PABX taking incoming calls and using an
IVR menu to offer the calling party a choice of numbers which were
then called via mobiles (field staff out on the road). The idea of the
variable CID was to allow the recipient of the forwarded call to have
a number to call back if for example they lost the mobile signal and
the call dropped.

Any chance ?

Phil

Old February 19th 07, 03:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"PhilT" wrote in message
ups.com

[snip]

The situation involved a small PABX taking incoming calls
and using an IVR menu to offer the calling party a choice
of numbers which were then called via mobiles (field
staff out on the road). The idea of the variable CID was
to allow the recipient of the forwarded call to have a
number to call back if for example they lost the mobile
signal and the call dropped.

Any chance ?

I don't know of any such solution, but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

In any case, convention has always dictated that in the event of a dropped
call, the originator of that call attempts to re-establish it, so it would
be up to the caller to try again, not the recipient.

Ivor