MAC question.

Old February 17th 07, 08:34 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Me

Default MAC question.

Hi Peeps,

How long does it usually take for a MAC to be delivered after the request?

Regards,
John.
Old February 17th 07, 08:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter Crosland

How long does it usually take for a MAC to be delivered after the
request?

It has to be supplied within five working days.

Peter Crosland

Old February 17th 07, 08:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Martin Underwood

"Me" wrote in message
Hi Peeps,

How long does it usually take for a MAC to be delivered after the request?

After initial being given the third degree by the technical support droid
who wanted to know why I was changing, I got a MAC from BT while I was still
on the phone making the initial "I want to transfer" phone call. That was
about a year ago. Is it not always the case? Do you sometimes make the
request and then have to wait for them to email it to you or send it by
snail mail a few days later?

Old February 17th 07, 08:49 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Robert

"Me" wrote in message
Hi Peeps,

How long does it usually take for a MAC to be delivered after the request?

Regards,
John.

I suppose the answer depends on which ISP you are with, but new rules were
introduced recently:

From 14th February 2007 new mandatory rules apply regarding the isse of MAC
codes. Full details on the OFCOM website but a summary below.

Broadband Service Providers must supply a MAC on request within 5 working
days.

I requested a MAC a year or so ago and got one by email within 48 hours.

Robert

Old February 17th 07, 09:10 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
JC

"Peter Crosland" wrote in message

How long does it usually take for a MAC to be delivered after the
request?

It has to be supplied within five working days.

Isn't there also notice to resign period with some ISP's? I vaguely remember
something about 30 days notice when I signed up with Pipex.

Old February 17th 07, 09:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Eeyore

JC wrote:

"Peter Crosland" wrote in message

How long does it usually take for a MAC to be delivered after the request?

It has to be supplied within five working days.

Isn't there also notice to resign period with some ISP's? I vaguely remember
something about 30 days notice when I signed up with Pipex.

Most ISP's require one month's notice of termination. In other words they expect
to be paid for 30 days from requesting closure of the account.

Graham

Old February 17th 07, 11:17 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Me

Many thanks everyone.

John.